Old October 30th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Ruislip(s) Stations

Passing through Ruislip (by road) yesterday I kept passing stations. I've
just looked up how many Ruislips there a

Ruislip
Ruislip Manor
West Ruislip
Ruislip Gardens
South Ruislip

That feels like an awful lot of stations containing the town name for
somewhere so (relatively) small. In the same area 4 stations contain the
name "Sudbury"; and if you include Sudbury, Suffolk(?) you get another 5
total but I'm referring to a single town.

Is there another town of a similar size to Ruislip that has more named
stations?

Old October 30th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Graham Harrison" wrote

Acton

7, wow!

8 if you include Bridge ;-)

Peter

Old October 30th 05, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , Graham
Harrison writes
Passing through Ruislip (by road) yesterday I kept passing stations. I've
just looked up how many Ruislips there a

Ruislip
Ruislip Manor
West Ruislip
Ruislip Gardens
South Ruislip

That feels like an awful lot of stations containing the town name for
somewhere so (relatively) small. In the same area 4 stations contain the
name "Sudbury"; and if you include Sudbury, Suffolk(?) you get another 5
total but I'm referring to a single town.

Is there another town of a similar size to Ruislip that has more named
stations?

Indeed there is, and not a million miles from Ruislip:

North Acton
South Acton
East Acton
West Acton
Acton Town
Acton Central
Acton Main Line

Any advance on seven?
--
Thoss

Old October 30th 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Peter Masson wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote

Acton

7, wow!

8 if you include Bridge ;-)

Different town. ;-)

Old October 30th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
:

I've just looked up how many Ruislips there a

Means gym slip: there's a big girls' school nearby.

--
Dennis R Cooper - Greatest Mormon of Britain
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Old October 30th 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Finchley?

Old October 31st 05, 01:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:58:46 -0000, Graham Harrison
wrote:

Passing through Ruislip (by road) yesterday I kept passing stations.
I've
just looked up how many Ruislips there a

Ruislip
Ruislip Manor
West Ruislip
Ruislip Gardens
South Ruislip

On a similar theme, West Hampstead has only 3 stations, but all on the
same street and within 300 meters of each other. Can anywhere beat that
for station concentration?

--
Fig
Old October 31st 05, 05:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"purple pete" wrote in message
Finchley?
Only 3!