Old September 30th 04, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ruislip Gardens to Chiswick Park

A quick query: what's the best way to do this trip, or similar trips,
in the NW, which involve a combination of the Central line and Pic
line? Since there's no interchange station, walking from Hanger Lane
to Park Royal seems like an option. I'm prepared to consider Tube,
Busses, or NR.

Here are some possibilities I've discovered:

1. Ruislip Gardens - Hanger Lane (Central), Hanger Lane - Park Royal
(walk), Park Royal - Ealing Common (Pic), Ealing Common - Chiswick
Park (Dist).

2. Ruislip Gardens - North Acton (Central), North Action - Ealing
Broadway (Central), Ealing Broadway - Chiswick Park (Dist).

Not too sure about the following:

3. Ruislip Gardens - Greenford (Central), Greenford - Ealing Bdy
(NR, Thames Trains, the 08:25 seems to be the obvious choice!), Ealing
Bdy - Chiswick Park (Dist).

Any routes I'm missing? How about busses? I don't mind the form of
transport, just want to get from A to be as fast as possible. Also, is
a travelcard valid on this NR route?

Old September 30th 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"ianjm" wrote in message
om...

Also, is a travelcard valid on this NR route?

Yes.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 30th 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

ianjm wrote:
[...]

I would vote for option 2, but you can get the actual timings from the
TfL Journey Planner at http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/. It knows
about NR trains too, but don't forget to change the walking speed to
Fast (= 3mph) if that's your speed.

Using the Greenford-Ealing NR train would be about 5 minutes faster than
the Central Line from Greenford, but only if you happen to arrive there
a couple of minutes before the train leaves. It's First GW Link now,
not Thames Trains. And, yes, Travelcards are valid on it.

The other option, depending on precisely where in Ruislip you are
starting from, is to go to Ruislip station and take the Piccadilly to
Acton Town and the district from there to Chiswick Park. You can feed a
postcode into the JP as your starting point.

--
Richard J.

Old October 1st 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ianjm wrote:
[...]

Of the 3, the first is the one I'd choose.

If not there's always Central Line to North Acton, 266 bus to
Hamemrsmith and then District to Chiswick Park

Old October 1st 04, 03:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(ianjm) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Yes, you travelcard would be valid.

Other routes that might be good a

4. Ruislip Gardens - Shepherd's Bush (Central), Shepherd's Bush -
Chiswick Park (number 94 bus) (this runs every 4-8 minutes and takes
approx 8 minutes to get there)

5. Ruislip Gardens - North Acton (Central), North Acton - Chiswick
Park (number 440 bus) (this runs every 11-15 minutes and takes approx
18 minutes to get there)

6. Ruislip Gardens - Ealing Bway (E7 bus), Ealing Bway - Chiswick
Park (Dist)