Old June 5th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Any tube staff know?

"JB" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:33:54 +0100, "JB"

!Speedy Gonzales!

Technically Ex-BR staff get 75% discount on season tickets and 50%

discount
on turn-up-and-travel tickets.

Not correct, 'safeguarded' staff (i.e. ex-BR) have always got 75%
discount from all standard tube fares, such as singles and returns,
and the same for seasons - although these have to be ordered in
advance with a special form from your TOC. No discounts on bus tickets
though, as previous posters have mentioned.

Upon what do you base this assumption? I'm sitting here reading my

"Welcome
to Network South East" (1994) literature telling me what my travel
concessions are and it says 75% discount on tube seasons and 50% discount
for daily fares. Where did you read your information?

I vaguely recall there being something about BR staff being charged child
rate on LU services if they didn't have a 'proper priv', although I feel
this was not implemented. Perhaps this was what the literature was based
upon?

Old June 5th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"SJCWHUK" wrote in message

If you are coming in to Kings Cross enjoy the queues upstairs at the
temporary ticket office! :-(

As long as you don't mind a bit of a walk, head towards the Met ticket
office for your ticket, even if you want to use the Vic, Picc or Northern.

Old June 5th 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 19:31:48 +0100 SJCWHUK
said...

as LUL are in zones you have to key in the single/return fare as you don't
name the stations. That's why we have to do the same thing for priv.

With a very limited range of fares LUL have say compared to those stored
on the 20+ year old APTIS system I'm surprised that anything has to be
looked up.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old June 6th 04, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"JB" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

I can't comment on my possible misunderstanding. Except to say it happens
all the time! Regardless, I have official documentation saying one thing
and I'd like to know where the other poster got his information from - which
seems to contradict my information.

When I travel on the tube I usually get a ticket that says PRIV in the top
followed by 50% followed by the amount I've paid but sometimes exactly the
same ticket but with 75% on the card. Isn't there any LUL ticket people
here who can say what they give to BR employees and why?

Old June 6th 04, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"JB" wrote in message

When I travel on the tube I usually get a ticket that says PRIV in the top
followed by 50% followed by the amount I've paid but sometimes exactly the
same ticket but with 75% on the card. Isn't there any LUL ticket people
here who can say what they give to BR employees and why?

Quarter rate when presenting a priv ID card.

Old June 7th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:05:28 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

If memory serves, extension tickets *never* work the barriers, be they
priv or public rate.

Normal ones do. But only at the "extension" end, of course.

As otherwise you could just buy an extension ticket
for a pound or whatever it is and travel from, say, Heathrow to
Cockfosters...

They should only be issued if you show them the ticket which you are
"extending"