Old June 30th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Uxbridge Branch 100th Birthday

Can any one tell me yet, where the special 3 hour trips in 1938 stock are
going from Uxbridge, this coming Sunday?

--
Lawrence Myers

Old July 1st 04, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message

Can any one tell me yet, where the special 3 hour trips in
1938 stock are going from Uxbridge, this coming Sunday?

1016 Ealing Common to Uxbridge ( Empty ) arr 1052

1112 Uxbridge to Wembley Park ( Passenger ) arr 1140
Empty to/from Neasden Depot
1220 Wembley Park to Amersham (P1) 1309
1326 Amersham to Harrow (P6) 1353
1400 Harrow to Uxbridge (P4) 1419

Empty to/from Uxbridge Sidings for break

1526 Uxbridge (P3) Wembley Park (P6) 1551
Empty to/from Neasden Depot
1617 Wembley Park to Amersham (P1) 1709
1722 Amersham to Harrow (P6) 1749
1800 Harrow to Uxbridge (P4) 1819

1832 Uxbridge to Ealing Common Depot ( Empty ) 1908

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 1st 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It doesnt make sense running a 38 stock to Uxbridge!!
Celebrating 100 years of the Met with a tube stock that never operated on
that line.
Apart from the Piccadilly Line which used to run 38 stocks to Uxbridge
amongst other places.
--
"Stupid Fat Hobbit!"

Gollum

Old July 1st 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:44:14 +0100, "Bored Of The Rings"
wrote:

It doesnt make sense running a 38 stock to Uxbridge!!
Celebrating 100 years of the Met with a tube stock that never operated on
that line.
Apart from the Piccadilly Line which used to run 38 stocks to Uxbridge
amongst other places.

Looks as thought it was planned for Sarah Siddons plus TC set. Is she
indisposed?

I am surprised tube stock is allowed to pick up/set down passengers at
Amersham. Surely the platforms are full height.

--
Peter Lawrence
Old July 1st 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

I am surprised tube stock is allowed to pick up/set down
passengers at Amersham. Surely the platforms are full height.

On Steam On The Met day a few years back, a tube gauge train operated the
Chesham Shuttle for much of the day. Staff were on hand to warn passengers
about the gap and assist them if necessary.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 1st 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

It doesnt make sense running a 38 stock to Uxbridge!!
Celebrating 100 years of the Met with a tube stock that never operated on
that line.
Apart from the Piccadilly Line which used to run 38 stocks to Uxbridge
amongst other places.

Looks as thought it was planned for Sarah Siddons plus TC set. Is she
indisposed?

I am surprised tube stock is allowed to pick up/set down passengers at
Amersham. Surely the platforms are full height.

They are.

And Sarah is gone from the Met - I think she was transferred to Quainton
Road via roadway. Besides, the Met earthworks are too weak for a loco
capable of dragging a rake of compartment stock, and not only are there
no runaround loops to put the loco the right-way around on the end of
the train at Amersham, but the HSE would probably have a ragbaby.

Brad
Old July 3rd 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:30:10 +0000 (UTC), TheOneKEA
wrote:

And Sarah is gone from the Met - I think she was transferred to Quainton
Road via roadway. Besides, the Met earthworks are too weak for a loco
capable of dragging a rake of compartment stock, and not only are there
no runaround loops to put the loco the right-way around on the end of
the train at Amersham, but the HSE would probably have a ragbaby.

Brad

When did it move to Quainton Road? I thought it was still on the Met
somewhere.

They managed run-rounds easily enough at Amersham in 1982 when Sarah
Siddons did a few tours. Uxbridge station was the problem - it ran to
Uxbridge sidings instead, with passengers, to perform the runround
instead.

Al Holmes

Old July 3rd 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alastair Holmes" wrote in message

They managed run-rounds easily enough at Amersham in 1982 when Sarah
Siddons did a few tours. Uxbridge station was the problem - it ran to
Uxbridge sidings instead, with passengers, to perform the runround
instead.

Not even necessary now. With the 4-TC/3-TC units it can work in push/pull
mode, as it did a few years ago when it worked Baker Street to Uxbridge
services (off peak) vice an A60/62.

Old July 8th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
And Sarah is gone from the Met - I think she was transferred to Quainton
Road via roadway. Besides, the Met earthworks are too weak for a loco
capable of dragging a rake of compartment stock, and not only are there
no runaround loops to put the loco the right-way around on the end of
the train at Amersham, but the HSE would probably have a ragbaby.
Brad

When did it move to Quainton Road? I thought it was still on the Met
somewhere.
They managed run-rounds easily enough at Amersham in 1982 when Sarah
Siddons did a few tours. Uxbridge station was the problem - it ran to
Uxbridge sidings instead, with passengers, to perform the runround
instead.
Al Holmes

Sarah Siddons was certainly used during Steam on the Met in 1999 - I have
the photos !!
Cheerz,
Baz

Old July 8th 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Marratxi" wrote in message
Sarah Siddons was certainly used during Steam on the Met in 1999 -
I have the photos !!

She was in Ruislip Depot in April. I don't know what (if anything) she's
being used for at present.