Old July 7th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

"JWBA68" wrote in message
TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Some particular National Rail lines are included on the map as well as
Crossrail 1, Thameslink 2000, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal
5 and Stratford International.

It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

TfL are obviously not interested in bringing the Bakerloos back to Watford
Junction!

They haven't said they have, have they?

4tph isn't great, admittedly; but there are areas that have far worse
service that should be prioritized. Especially since the Bakerloo's already
jampacked.

Jonn

Old July 7th 04, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:56:48 +0100, Sam Holloway
wrote:

There seemed to be few changes to the UndergrounD lines in general :
Metropolitan proposals at Croxley/Watford, Heathrow T5 on the
Piccadilly, and East London extensions, but that's it. Any mooted
plans to extend Victoria or Bakerloo lines south must be pretty
dormant.

There was some talk about eliminating Kew Gardens and Richmond from
the District Line, to be replaced by Crossrail. The PDF map shows
them both in place. Does this mean that the District Line will be
preserved intact, or is this still under review?

Also, why doesn't the Kingston branch of Crossrail end at Norbiton?
It is in Crossrail's own planning documents, and would bring people
right to Kingston Hospital.

Old July 7th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Marc Brett wrote:

There was some talk about eliminating Kew Gardens and Richmond from
the District Line, to be replaced by Crossrail. The PDF map shows
them both in place. Does this mean that the District Line will be
preserved intact, or is this still under review?

As I pointed out in an earlier post, the map doesn't have a way of
indicating existing lines that would be closed. The current Crossrail
plan removes District services on the Richmond branch.

Also, why doesn't the Kingston branch of Crossrail end at Norbiton?
It is in Crossrail's own planning documents, and would bring people
right to Kingston Hospital.

It was in Crossrail's original proposal for this branch in order to
provide reversing facilities. The current plan (dating from September
2003 IIRC) has 8tph terminating at Richmond, and Crossrail's view is
that Kingston can cope with the remaining 4tph.
--
Richard J.

Old July 7th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 at 08:40:56, Dan Gravell
wrote:

And yes, a reliable link to Brixton would be much nicer. I know about
the corridor through Streatham particularly around the library that
makes it difficult, but either just sod the cars or bulldoze Lidl imo.
Either way it's win:win

Why can't they go down Tooting Bec Common, if they can't go down the
High Road? (No, I don't want them to bulldoze Lidl; I like Lidl!)
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 7th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:37:26 +0100, Joe
wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

Grr. I hate PDF files, they are a complete and utter waste of time and
money. Ban them, I say!

Especially seeing as Adobe Reader 6.0 is so expensive! ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.

Old July 7th 04, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 at 17:37:55, Dave Arquati wrote:

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

One thing that pleases me is that Waterloo and King's Cross/St Pancras
are *both* marked as Eurostar stations - I was afraid that Waterloo
International would close when the new terminus at St Pancras opens.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 7th 04, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Annabel Smyth wrote:
One thing that pleases me is that Waterloo and King's Cross/St Pancras
are *both* marked as Eurostar stations - I was afraid that Waterloo
International would close when the new terminus at St Pancras opens.

They might simply be hedging because they don't know which will be the
case. :-)

Niklas
--
"I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory."
-- Robert Sneddon
Old July 7th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Extending the Bakerloo and Victoria lines south TfL Vision ofthe Future map

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Sam Holloway wrote:

Any mooted plans to extend Victoria or Bakerloo lines south must be
pretty dormant.

I've heard mention of such plans, but no details (at least not for the
Victoria). What exactly has been proposed (seriously or not)?

tom

-- It is especially delicious (haha) and tacky at the same time when they
stick a strawberry on two toothpicks in a weird imitation of Christ for no
particular reason and give it to you with your drink. -- jisms

Old July 7th 04, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

are all complate wastes of time. A Gif would be a much better solution
with a Bmp for those who want good quality.

Huh?

A GIF is a compressed bitmap without loss. Why suffer through a much larger
file unnecessarily?

Old July 7th 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Except it wouldn't, because then you run into licensing and patent
issues...Which is why most people are switching away from GIFs to JPEGs
and PNGs...Apart from anything else, PDFs tend to scale and print a lot

There's no such issue with GIF any longer. The LZW patent (one of the
compression technologies found in GIF) expired within the last year or so.