Old July 6th 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Some particular National Rail lines are included on the map as well as
Crossrail 1, Thameslink 2000, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal
5 and Stratford International.

It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old July 6th 04, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

I can get that file. Is there a link to the story with the map?

Old July 6th 04, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 at 17:37:55, Dave Arquati wrote:

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Some particular National Rail lines are included on the map as well as
Crossrail 1, Thameslink 2000, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link,
Terminal 5 and Stratford International.

It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

It's fascinating - but an awful lack of joined-up thinking from my point
of view - why on earth can't they extend the proposed Cross River
Transit from Brixton to Streatham, there to join up with the extended
Croydon Tramlink? Since the buses have got much better, it's easier
than it used to be to get a southbound bus from Brixton at this time of
night (6.00 pm), but it's still common to have to wait, and it isn't
pleasant! Much easier to be able to get down to Streatham, or possibly
just as far as Herne Hill to join Thameslink services to Streatham.....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 6th 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:37:55 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Anyone know the exact location for the
"Stratford International for the Olympics" station?
I was in that area this weekend, having a look round.
Old July 6th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

SNIP
It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

Doesn't show the Centralle tram stop in Croydon !!! :-(

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Dick Cavett

Old July 6th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Dave Arquati wrote:

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Some particular National Rail lines are included on the map as well as
Crossrail 1, Thameslink 2000, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal
5 and Stratford International.

No Chelsea-Hackney line though.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"The guilty party was the Liberal Democrats and they were hardened offenders,
Old July 6th 04, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TfL have unveiled a "future of transport" map which shows how the
Underground map (or rather "TfL map") would look in 2016 if they get
funding for the projects they want to build.

Some particular National Rail lines are included on the map as well as
Crossrail 1, Thameslink 2000, the ELLX, Cross River Transit, DLR
extensions, East London Transit, Greenwich Waterfront Transit, the West
London Tram, the Croydon Tramlink extensions, the Croxley Link, Terminal
5 and Stratford International.

It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

TfL are obviously not interested in bringing the Bakerloos back to Watford
Junction!

Burkey
Old July 6th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Dave Arquati wrote:
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

Grr. I hate PDF files, they are a complete and utter waste of time and
money. Ban them, I say!
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see
Old July 6th 04, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JB wrote:
It's very interesting!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

I can get that file. Is there a link to the story with the map?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2C912CB8

I have now noticed a few oddities:
* East London Line northern extension goes to Caledonian Rd & Barnsbury
- I know they are planning a reversing siding near there but I didn't
think they'd run services the extra stop.

* I wasn't aware that Farringdon Crossrail would have two exits (one at
Barbican) but that might just be me.

* They've left the Moorgate Thameslink branch on there (as well as
Shoreditch on the ELL) which might be misleading.

* I thought the Crystal Palace Tramlink branch was from the Streatham
branch, not the Beckenham Jcn one.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old July 6th 04, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/_...nsport_map.pdf

You have to love the acrobatic station markers at Farringdon/Barbican and
Liverpool Street/Moorgate.
--
Michael Hoffman