Old August 18th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Zac Zac is offline

Default NETWORK + GOLDCARD

I have an annual travelcard with a Gold record card.

I have read somewhere that I can get a Network card for a friend for £1.

Is this correct ?

Does anyone know where I can do this ?

I want to get the Network card for my mum, does she need to be with me to
get it ?

Thanks

Old August 18th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"zac" wrote in message
I have an annual travelcard with a Gold record card.
I have read somewhere that I can get a Network card for a friend for £1.
Is this correct ?
Does anyone know where I can do this ?
I want to get the Network card for my mum, does she need to be with me to
get it ?

For what it's worth (since nobody else has replied yet I read this too,
in the leaflet accompanying my card application a while ago.

Haven't done it largely because Network cards aint what they used to be

I don't recall any mention of where it could be done - have you tried a
ticket office at a main station?

Old August 18th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

zac wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 18 Aug 2004:

I have an annual travelcard with a Gold record card.

I have read somewhere that I can get a Network card for a friend for £1.

Is this correct ?

Does anyone know where I can do this ?

I want to get the Network card for my mum, does she need to be with me to
get it ?

I don't know if you still can, but you certainly used to be able to
could - my husband would get one for me. It may just have been for
one's spouse, rather than a mother or friend, but worth asking at your
local station.

I haven't got one now since they made it that you had to be going on an
incredibly expensive journey before they were valid.....
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)

Old August 18th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , zac
writes
I have an annual travelcard with a Gold record card.

I have read somewhere that I can get a Network card for a friend for £1.

Is this correct ?

Does anyone know where I can do this ?

I want to get the Network card for my mum, does she need to be with me to
get it ?

As someone else posted, a Network Card isn't quite as valuable as it
used to be now that there's a £10 minimum on weekdays, but still not bad
for a quid. You can get one at any National Rail station within the
Network Card area; you have to fill in the form for the normal Network
Card (which now costs something like £20 I think) but you only need to
pay £1 if you show them your Gold Card. The form is a bit confusing -
it isn't clear which name and address (yours or the new card holder)
goes where, so ask for help if necessary. It does not seem to be
necessary for the person for whom you purchase the card to be present,
but he/she has to sign the card upon receipt. The card now seems to
expire when your own Gold Card does, so it doesn't last 12 months unless
you time its purchase exactly right.

--
Clive Page
Old August 19th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Page wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 18 Aug 2004:

As someone else posted, a Network Card isn't quite as valuable as it
used to be now that there's a £10 minimum on weekdays, but still not
bad for a quid. You can get one at any National Rail station within
the Network Card area; you have to fill in the form for the normal
Network Card (which now costs something like £20 I think) but you only
need to pay £1 if you show them your Gold Card. The form is a bit
confusing - it isn't clear which name and address (yours or the new
card holder) goes where, so ask for help if necessary. It does not
seem to be necessary for the person for whom you purchase the card to
be present, but he/she has to sign the card upon receipt. The card now
expire when your own Gold Card does, so it doesn't last 12 months
unless you time its purchase exactly right.

It occurred to me that I shall be going on a more-than-ten-quid ride in
a couple of weeks, so got Husband to get me a Partner Card last night!
Which he did - no need for you to drag your mama to the station, though.
Husband was cross, as it meant he missed his train, but whose fault was
that?

Old August 19th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:33:44 +0000 (UTC), "zac"
wrote:

I have an annual travelcard with a Gold record card.
I have read somewhere that I can get a Network card for a friend for £1.
Is this correct ?

Yes. See
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...r-period.shtml
and read the "Plus" section.

Does anyone know where I can do this ?

Most major stations should do this - I got one for £1 today at Kings
Cross Thameslink thanks to a friendly co-worker.

See http://www.railcard.co.uk/network/network.htm
"To apply for a Network Railcard, pick up a leaflet at any staffed
rail station or rail appointed Travel Agent in the Network Railcard
area."

Get your "relative or friend" to complete a 'Network Railcard'
application and go to a railway station with your GoldCard, and hand
over the form.

I want to get the Network card for my mum, does she need to be with me to
get it ?

Can't really see why. When I did it today, there was no checking of
personal information or signatures - I could have been anyone. The
staff are supposed to complete the reverse of the Goldcard indicating
a discounted Network Card has been purchased - but this didn't happen
in my co-workers case. So it means he could get another £1 card for
someone else!

Best £19 I've not spent in ages. ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.
Old August 19th 04, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:23:52 +0100, Clive Page
wrote:

[Network Railcard stuff snipped]

The card now seems to
expire when your own Gold Card does, so it doesn't last 12 months unless
you time its purchase exactly right.

Not in my experience today at Kings Cross Thameslink.

Got a co-worker with a Goldcard expiring in two or three days time to
get me a Network Railcard for a £1, as I understand only one £1 card
is allowed per year as he hadn't exercised this benefit to date.

My card is vaild until 18 Aug 05.

In fact, the reverse of his Goldcard that shows he's purchased a £1
card wasn't complete so he could buy another in the next few days.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old August 19th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:48:34 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

It occurred to me that I shall be going on a more-than-ten-quid ride in
a couple of weeks, so got Husband to get me a Partner Card last night!
Which he did - no need for you to drag your mama to the station, though.
Husband was cross, as it meant he missed his train, but whose fault was
that?

Are Partner Cards are widely available? The first I've heard of them
was on the Thameslink website today - and it reads like it's a
Thameslink only product.

Can you direct me to information please? There's nothing on
www.railcard.co.uk that I can see.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old August 20th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

It occurred to me that I shall be going on a more-than-ten-quid ride in
a couple of weeks, so got Husband to get me a Partner Card last night!
Which he did - no need for you to drag your mama to the station, though.
Husband was cross, as it meant he missed his train, but whose fault was
that?

Are Partner Cards are widely available? The first I've heard of them
was on the Thameslink website today - and it reads like it's a
Thameslink only product.

I think they are available in the old Network South East area; our
service provider is South Central.

Can you direct me to information please? There's nothing on
www.railcard.co.uk that I can see.

Ask at your local station? Or look up "Gold Card" and see if it says
anything on it?

LT Goldcard philip London Transport 23 December 23rd 08 08:53 PM
LT Goldcard MIG London Transport 5 December 20th 08 10:19 AM
LT Goldcard Mizter T London Transport 0 December 19th 08 05:02 PM
Network rail & Clapham Junction John London Transport 5 October 4th 03 07:58 AM
ON Network Colin London Transport 3 October 3rd 03 09:36 PM