Old August 28th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Reporting a dangerous bus driver?

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Martin Underwood wrote:
Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are

driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the

*real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Less cynically, your word against the bus drivers is unlikely to
result in a conviction for a driving offence, so spending much time
investigating is pointless.

If everyone had that opinion, nothing would ever be changed.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Old August 29th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:16:55 +0100, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"Channon" wrote in message
To which organisation would I report a bus driver for what I consider
dangerous driving?

I got on a 45 bus at the Chancery Lane end of Grays Inn Road on

Thursday
(19 Aug) and went towards Kings Cross. The driver cut up several
drivers while switching lanes and seemed to be challenging a Transit

van
(I don't know that the white van men were entirely blameless though)

and
later another white van further along. At the traffic lights before
turning right to go to the stop along the side of Kings Cross station,
the driver accelerated and drove diagonally while shouting something

at
the van driver to his right, and then slammed on the brakes while
laughing to himself.

Driving like this should be reported to the police, IMHO.

Being cynical, aren't the police too busy catching people who are driving
safely but exceeding the speed limit by a few mph to bother with the *real*
bad drivers such as the one described here?

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I would have thought that "driving
safely" and "exceeding the speed limit" are not compatible with each
other.

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old August 31st 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:12:32 on Sun, 29
Aug 2004, Nick Cooper
remarked:
Maybe I'm being cynical, but I would have thought that "driving
safely" and "exceeding the speed limit" are not compatible with each
other.

Speed limits are set for worst case scenarios, so there are plenty of
motorways where 80+ is safer than 60-70 on a worse configured one.