Old September 11th 04, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

cager

?

trolls

Not me, young feller-me-lad. Been a regular on utl and several other groups
since God was a boy.

Ian

Old September 11th 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Riding in the smoke the other day along one of those
hellish contraflow cycle lanes bounded by high kerbs (so overtaking
was almost impossible) a long line of cyclists finally managed to pass
an 8mph old codger on a gas-pipe Raleigh

Remember, the speed limit is a limit, not a target.

, only to have him wobble straight past, across a red light and into
the next section ahead of the line.

This bit was the only thing he did wrong.

"The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."
- G.K. Chesterton
Old September 11th 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:58:25 +0100, Keith Willoughby
wrote in message
:

, only to have him wobble straight past, across a red light and into
the next section ahead of the line.

This bit was the only thing he did wrong.

It was the thing he did wrong. If you were driving a tractor and a
long queue of cars had finally managed to pass you, would you then
trundle past them all at the next set of lights and drop back in
front? It's a narrow, constrained lane, and he was riding smack in
the middle (if people move over there is room to pass). Held up once?
No problem at all. Held up and then he passes the queue and drops
back in front? ******. Add the red light jumping? Death is too
good for him!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old September 11th 04, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:27:36 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote in message :

cager

?
trolls

Not me, young feller-me-lad. Been a regular on utl and several other groups
since God was a boy.

Maybe, maybe not. Fact is, the "cyclists don't pay" argument is a
cager troll, whoever posts it :-)

Old September 11th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

wrote in message
:

, only to have him wobble straight past, across a red light and into
the next section ahead of the line.

This bit was the only thing he did wrong.

It was the thing he did wrong.

[...]

You made a point of noting he was doing 8 mph on a "gas-pipe Raleigh". I
think it would be a shame if we gave the impression that people who do 8
MPH on gas-pipe Raleighs somehow didn't belong on the road just because
they delay your journey.

Turning rebellion into money

Old September 12th 04, 12:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:15:32 +0100, congokid
wrote:

True. Though at least they're fit enough to leave the scene without
having to go straight to hospital.

Even if they did later go to hospital, they'd likely tell a story
about what happened rather than have to pay for treatment as is
normally the case in a road accident (why?).

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain
Old September 12th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

Fact is, the "cyclists don't pay" argument is a
cager troll, whoever posts it :-)

smiley noted

Still don't know what a cager is.

Not sure it's a troll if posted to uk.transport.london (which I did) - maybe
it would be on uk.rec.cycling

To me, it's a fair and just observation.

Ian

Old September 12th 04, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:49:54 +0100, Keith Willoughby
wrote in message
:

You made a point of noting he was doing 8 mph on a "gas-pipe Raleigh". I
think it would be a shame if we gave the impression that people who do 8
MPH on gas-pipe Raleighs somehow didn't belong on the road just because
they delay your journey.

They can delay me (and the rest of the queue) once, no problem. But
having delayed us, and having finally been passed, going to the front
of the queue at the next stop, particularly by breaking the law, is
downright ignorant.

Old September 12th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:54:18 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote in message :

Still don't know what a cager is.

It's a motorcyclists' term for car drivers, specifically those whose
attitude is defined by the fact that they are surrounded by a strong
steel cage.

To me, it's a fair and just observation.

And to us it's a troll, and a hoary old one at that :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Oyster Complaint John[_3_] London Transport 1 March 9th 09 05:12 PM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? David FitzGerald London Transport 34 September 15th 04 06:50 AM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? [email protected] London Transport 0 September 11th 04 04:45 PM
OYbike Paul Weaver London Transport 2 June 29th 04 06:32 PM
Bus driver training? Redonda London Transport 19 February 22nd 04 04:54 PM