Old September 15th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Route 73 - New service levels

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

We were 16 minutes late by this point and the
bus was curtailed at Marble Arch in consequence.

Yes, I've noticed Marble Arch as a destination on 73s only since the
retirement of the Routemasters.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old September 15th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
om...
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote in message

Precisely. They're building a bus gate in Gower Street.

Is that something on the lines of the rising bollard type in Cambridge?

I doubt it. I think he means a traffic island between the bus lane and the
traffic lanes, with separate traffic lights for the buses and the traffic.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 15th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

That turn seems tight in a Routemaster, never mind a bendy or
full-size decker

The one at the top of Kingsway, turning from High Holborn is quite
entertaining for a bendy, too - and that one's on the first route to go
bendy, whichever number it was (500?)

They seem to manage to overhang the kerbs and scrape the barriers on both
sides simultaneously.

Old September 16th 04, 12:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

I think he means a traffic island between the bus lane and
the traffic lanes, with separate traffic lights for the buses and the
traffic.

Indeed. Come to think of it there's also one in Whitehall/Parliament
Street to give buses a better chance at the Parliament Square lights.

Actually it's at the entrance to Derby Gate (outside the Red Lion),
just before Parliament Square. It's really annoying too as I often
get trapped there when the lights change.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"The guilty party was the Liberal Democrats and they were hardened offenders,