Old September 12th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

In article , Mike Hughes
writes

Try writing one out in the middle of the night while you have irate
motorists blasting their horns when you're dropping off in a narrow
road.

Then do what I do, just sit there!
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

Old September 12th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Piccadilly Pilot
writes

"Usenet" wrote in message
In message , Mike Hughes
writes
There is no legal requirement for a taxi driver to provide a receipt for a
taxi journey.

Which is strange, as it would make them the only people trading who refuse
to issue a receipt.

Try getting a receipt next time you use the Dartford River Crossing. I had
some jumped up pillock try to tell me that you didn't get a receipt in a
pub. When I pointed out to him he was wrong he threatened to tow me off the
road other such unpleasantness when I continued asking.

I've had problems there too - but totally the opposite on the new M6
toll road.
Old September 13th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:18:09 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

I believe you'll find they have come from a culture that doesn't do
tipping, instead paying people for the job. I've had Kiwi colleagues who
have never tipped either.

(Incidentally, I had a meal in a restaurant this evening with a large
group, and said restaurant had a policy of adding 10% "gratuity" for
such groups. I wasn't the organiser, so I didn't fuss - but had I had
anything to do with it, I would have been tempted to zero it; if it is
expected, it should be included in the listed prices.)

The cunning restaurateur will therefore call it a 'service charge'.

tom

--
Who would you help in a fight, Peter van der Linden or Bill Gates?

Old September 13th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:47:18 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

The cunning restaurateur will therefore call it a 'service charge'.

Perhaps. It's still cheeky, however, and should be included in the
prices - or at the very least made obvious in large print on the menu;
it's normally hidden in 6pt font at the bottom. It's not as if the
restaurant aren't already making a packet on a large group.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain
Old September 15th 04, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mike Hughes wrote:
Personally, if I am 'legalled' (no tip) and someone asks for a receipt I
will find the oldest bit of paper I've got and use that. I've also used
receipts which I've half filled out with wrong date, etc just crossed
out and written over the top. If these look like someone (i.e. the
punter) has tried to alter or falsify a previous receipt then it's not
my problem. :-)

What a miserable attitude.

#Paul