Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 11th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default Taxi complaint - how do I make one?

"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
In message , David FitzGerald
writes
I just got home late from work - got a taxi back. My work will always

refund
me for a taxi receipt - but in this case the driver (Black cab number

86423)
refused to give me a receipt ("I've none left mate") and after me asking

him
to write something on a blank piece of paper, anything - drove off

knocking
my head off his open window (while I was talking to him).

There is no legal requirement for a taxi driver to provide a receipt for
a taxi journey.

Yes there is, a Taxi ride is a Vatable supply and VAT rules require
receipts to be issued.

tim