Old September 18th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Default Multiple Buses

After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen
in a row?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

Old September 18th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote:

After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen
in a row?

Does it count if I live near a bus station? :-)

Old September 19th 04, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:42:25 on Sat,
18 Sep 2004, Joe remarked:
After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today,
I was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever
seen in a row?

It sounds like you probably mean "of the same number" in a row.

I took the following picture in Central Cambridge about 2 years ago;
normally the traffic runs fairly freely there, as the road is restricted
to buses and taxis only.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/busjam.jpg

However, now that I live in Nottingham a sight like that would an
everyday occurrence, as there are so many buses.
Old September 19th 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe" wrote in message

After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside
Surrey Quays today, I was wondering, what is the
biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen in a row?

In the early 1980s, 253s were infamous for travelling in groups of 7, and I
witnessed this myself. Now that the route has been split into the 253 and
254, you probably only get 3 or 4 of each number in a row.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 19th 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 18 Sep 2004:

After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever
seen in a row?

Ten or eleven going up and/or down Brixton Hill - I remember counting.
They were not all the same route, though.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 19th 04, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe" wrote in message
After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen
in a row?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see

http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk
"You love railways online"

The bus stand at Stoke Newington Common used to be a great place for seeing
a fair few 73s in a row!

Old September 20th 04, 02:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
"Mark Youngman" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen
in a row?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see

http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk
"You love railways online"

The bus stand at Stoke Newington Common used to be a great place for seeing
a fair few 73s in a row!

When certain marches are taking place in Ulster towns you can see
easily a couple of hundred buses parked up on each road waiting for the
return (and also during the Papal visit)!
--
Ian J. Patterson
StrongARM RISC PC, WebsterXL, Messenger Pro
Old September 20th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:42:25 +0000 (UTC), Joe
wrote:

After seeing 4 (yes, 4) 188 buses in a row outside Surrey Quays today, I
was wondering, what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen
in a row?

13, yes I counted 'em, 13 41s in a row at Turnpike Lane in, I would
think, the mid-70s. There was some sort of attempt being made to sort
the mess out, with some being turned at Turnpike Lane Stn. and several
more at Crouch End Bdy.
Old September 20th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen in a row?

13, yes I counted 'em, 13 41s in a row at Turnpike
Lane in, I would think, the mid-70s.

That problem stopped after they got rid of the
five-a-side-bring-your-own-ref-and-linesmen pitch at Archway ;-)

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 20th 04, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

what is the biggest number of buses anyone has ever seen in a row?

13, yes I counted 'em, 13 41s in a row at Turnpike
Lane in, I would think, the mid-70s.

That problem stopped after they got rid of the
five-a-side-bring-your-own-ref-and-linesmen pitch at Archway ;-)

Back in the 1950s, when there was a home match at Sheffield Wednesday's
ground at Hillsborough, you could see two long lines of trams waiting on
Catch Bar Lane until the end of the map, all going to "City". Did London
ever enjoy such a sight?
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm