Old October 2nd 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Off peak travelcards

Can i buy them the night before?

Old October 2nd 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Wanderingjew698" wrote in message
Can i buy them the night before?

You can buy them upto 7 days before.

Old October 2nd 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I was told, at LU ticket office, 4 days before.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old October 2nd 04, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Wanderingjew698 wrote:
Can i buy them the night before?

In theory, yes, but it depends on the mood of the geezer at the ticket
desk. I've once been told, "No", and quite often you have to swear
blindly that you will not travel before 9.30 the following day, even if
it happens to be Saturday.

I always thought that you could only buy them the day before, but from
other replies it appears that is wrong. What happens if I buy it four
days before, but then decide that I don't want to travel. Can I get a
refund?

Paul
Old October 2nd 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence Myers" typed

I was told, at LU ticket office, 4 days before.

So was I ;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old October 9th 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Wanderingjew698 writes

Can i buy them the night before?

As was pointed out in the thread you started here a few months ago, yes
- you can buy them up to 7 days in advance from ticket agents.

--
Paul Terry
Old October 9th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Barry Salter wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:56:13 GMT, Jiminy wrote:

On 02 Oct 2004 18:22:09 GMT, (Wanderingjew698)
wrote:

Can i buy them the night before?

Last week I was sleeping in an area where I have to catch the bus first
to get to the tube. The man at the counter at Lewisham told me that
"you can buy only AFTER the 9:30 of the day you're travelling" and,
appearing to me a stupid rule, I insisted and lost a bet with my son
(now living in London) that gave reason to that guy...

Sorry, but the guy at Lewisham was talking through his rear end. Section
K of the National Fares Manuals has the following to say about Off-Peak
Day Travelcards:

quote

Tickets are valid for travel from 0930 Monday to Friday on the date
shown on the ticket, and can only be issued at stations:-

* on the day of travel - from 0930 Monday to Friday (excluding Public
Holidays), except where trains are timed to depart at or soon after 0930
when they may be issued before 0930. This will normally be after the
departure of the last restricted train, but where the train service
operator allows they may be sold before then.

* In advance - from 0930 Monday to Friday, any time at weekends, and
Public Holidays, up to 7 days in advance of the day for which the ticket
is dated.

/quote

So you can't buy one during the morning peak, even if it's for another
day?

tom

--
I came here to chew gum and kick ass