Old October 18th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-fmhusZkHZRDJ@localhost...
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:08:56 UTC, (Boltar)
wrote:

: Have you ever heard of the Docklands Light Railway? You might want to check
: out the front seat full ahead view that passengers get in these driverless
: trains.

Or the front seat full ahead view on the Tyne and Wear Metro?

Ian

Manchester Metrolink has a forward view too doesn't it? Also with the
ride quality of a pacer so it gets interesting...

Mat.

Old October 19th 04, 08:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Chris Game wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:08:56 -0700, Boltar wrote:

I have - what is your point?

Have you ever heard of the Docklands Light Railway? You might want to
check out the front seat full ahead view that passengers get in these
driverless trains.

For the rest of us who are several hundred miles away from the DLR, it
might be better to make the point rather than give us a useless hint.

Engage your braincell and read the previous 2 posts then you'll get it. Also I
was replying to a post in uk.transport.london and therefore I expect most
people who read that group to know what the DLR is.

B2003
Old October 19th 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:08:55 -0700, Boltar wrote:

For the rest of us who are several hundred miles away from the DLR, it
might be better to make the point rather than give us a useless hint.

Engage your braincell and read the previous 2 posts then you'll get it.
Also I was replying to a post in uk.transport.london and therefore I
expect most people who read that group to know what the DLR is.

Ooops, didn't notice the cross-post to those clever cockneys, never mind I
can set followups and (now let's see how do I do this on this spiffy
newsreader, ah yes here it is...)

PLONK!

--
Chris Game

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed...

Old October 19th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
Chris Game wrote in message

. ..
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:08:56 -0700, Boltar wrote:

I have - what is your point?

Have you ever heard of the Docklands Light Railway? You might want to
check out the front seat full ahead view that passengers get in these
driverless trains.

For the rest of us who are several hundred miles away from the DLR, it
might be better to make the point rather than give us a useless hint.

Engage your braincell and read the previous 2 posts then you'll get it.

Also I
was replying to a post in uk.transport.london and therefore I expect most
people who read that group to know what the DLR is.

B2003

Oi Boltar!
Engage your braincell and see if you can tell us what point was trying to be
made by M. Whitson asking "Have you ever heard of HSE, ASLEF and RMT?" in
relation to John Rowlands point about passengers being able to see through
the front of the train?

Any ideas on that one? BTW, if you read all the previous posts carefully
you'll see that we did know what the Docklands Light Railway is and that pax
can see thru the front of DLR trains.

Nick

Old October 19th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:41:27 +0100, Nick Pedley wrote:

Engage your braincell and see if you can tell us what point was trying
to be made by M. Whitson asking "Have you ever heard of HSE, ASLEF and
RMT?" in relation to John Rowlands point about passengers being able to
see through the front of the train?

That's the bit that puzzled me - I thought the poster might be implying
that there was some union objection to pax seeing out the front. The DLR
comment didn't help for those of us unfamiliar with its forward visibility
characteristics!

--
Chris Game

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything
that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein