Old October 13th 04, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Hmmm.... I thought the W&C tunnels were big enough to take regular
stock... Thought I had vague memories of NSE trains running on the
line before the management went over to LUL, but could well be wrong.

They use similar stock to that in use on the Central. When delivered it was
in NSE livery, as was the previous 1941 stock IIRC.

Old October 14th 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:07:31 +0000 (UTC), "Piccadilly Pilot"
wrote:

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Hmmm.... I thought the W&C tunnels were big enough to take regular
stock... Thought I had vague memories of NSE trains running on the
line before the management went over to LUL, but could well be wrong.

They use similar stock to that in use on the Central. When delivered it was
in NSE livery, as was the previous 1941 stock IIRC.

I rather think the previous stock (1940 stock to be precise) was
delivered in Southern Railway Malachite Green. It would only have
been painted into NSE livery at the very end of its life. ( know
that's what you meant, but it isn't what you said).

Incidentally, the original W&C stock was painted salmon pink!

--
Bill Hayles
http://www.rossrail.com

Old October 14th 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Bill Hayles writes:
I rather think the previous [W&C] stock (1940 stock to be precise)
was delivered in Southern Railway Malachite Green. It would only
have been painted into NSE livery at the very end of its life.

And in between, it was (naturally) in British Rail blue.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Sex on trains, of course."
-- Clive Feather

Cannon Street / Moorgate tunnel? Abigail Brady London Transport 28 October 14th 07 11:34 PM
A 15-year-old, a bridge, a rope, and a can of spray paint Mark Brader London Transport 1 March 5th 07 10:44 AM
New DLR station, and old Thames Tunnel John Rowland London Transport 7 December 1st 06 07:08 PM
Old bridge over Brick Lane Martin J London Transport 3 April 25th 05 02:13 PM
Trains to Moorgate now go via Liverpool Street John London Transport 3 November 24th 03 01:30 PM