Old July 4th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Arlesey - KX commute

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby Letchworth.

Cheers,
Rob.

Old July 5th 06, 05:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"R.K. Harle" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby
Letchworth.

Cheers,
Rob.

I Commute form Sandy on the 06.33 Ex Peterborough which is around 07.15
departure from Arlesey and everyone who joins there gets a seat, what you
need to remember is that commuters form Peterborough/ Huntingdon and St
Neots have there " Own" fast commuter services leaving 20 mins or so after
the all stations Pete-Steve trains and arrive only 2 mins after them so
leaving more room for Sandy/Biggs/Arls passengers.

Regards

Lee

Old July 5th 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"R.K. Harle" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby

Letchworth.

It is safe to assume there will be a reasonable number of seats
available from Arlesey to London. I've only irregularly traveled on
that line in the morning. That was Peterborough to Biggleswade and it
wasn't particularly heavily loaded at all.

You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

Richard [in SG19]

Old July 5th 06, 08:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 08:48:53 on
Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Richard M Willis
remarked:
You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

And not just any old water - it has to be water that has been passed by
the FCC management.
Old July 5th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 08:48:53 on
Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Richard M Willis
remarked:
You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

And not just any old water - it has to be water that has been passed by
the FCC management.

FCC managment passing water? With teh new rules I thought FCC were
taking the p*ss, not supplying it!

I'll get me coat

AE
hebog_basher at yahoo dot co dot uk

Old July 5th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby Letchworth.

At certain times of the day, Arlesey station has an hourly, rather than
half hourly service (every other train runs through without stopping)
and the ticket office is open mornings only. Some of the faster trains
from Letchworth are but the 8.43 from Letchworth starts there and you
can usually get seats then.

Old July 5th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:48:53 on
Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Richard M Willis
remarked:
You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

And not just any old water - it has to be water that has been passed by
the FCC management.

A FCC manager handed me a bottle of Buxton mineral water at KX the
other day, following a hour-long holdup on my journey from Cambridge,
presumably making Buxton the official FCC water, at least on the GN
lines. (Are there any sources of mineral water in the FCC area?)

PaulO

Old July 5th 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Oter" wrote in message
oups.com...
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:48:53 on
Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Richard M Willis
remarked:
You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and

Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

And not just any old water - it has to be water that has been passed by
the FCC management.

A FCC manager handed me a bottle of Buxton mineral water at KX the
other day, following a hour-long holdup on my journey from Cambridge,
presumably making Buxton the official FCC water, at least on the GN
lines. (Are there any sources of mineral water in the FCC area?)

At one (preprivatisation) time Thameslink served St Mary Cray, which is
about 2km from the ill-fated Dasani plant (bottling Thames Water).

Peter

Old July 5th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Peter Masson wrote:
the ill-fated Dasani plant (bottling Thames Water).

Peter

Ah so that's where it's all going

--
Nathan

Old July 6th 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
jb jb is offline

R.K. Harle wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby Letchworth.

Cheers,
Rob.

No problem getting a seat on the 0815 from Arlesey.