Old November 20th 04, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard sttements

1. It says "Validate Bus Boarding" rather than the bus number

The route number is in the eighth column between "Gate Balance Exit"
and "Bus Balance Entry"

2. The clocks aren't syncronised hence I "validate Exit Version 2" at
13:57 then got on a bus at 13:55 on the same day
3. Some strange times appear e.g. I got on a bus at 25:03 (is this to
do with travelcards being valid until 3am=27:00?)

Travelcards are valid until 0430 the next day.

4. Victoria TRAIN station ticket gates appear on the statement (done
from my travel card) but the Putney train station gates do not... any
idea why?

Chris

Old November 20th 04, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote in message . ..
1. It says "Validate Bus Boarding" rather than the bus number

The route number is in the eighth column between "Gate Balance Exit"
and "Bus Balance Entry"

I don't have that column. I have:
*Sequence
*Date
*Time
*Transaction Type
*Station of entry
*Station of Exit
*Added PrePay

*PrePay Balance
Old November 20th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't have that column. I have:
*Sequence
*Date
*Time
*Transaction Type
*Station of entry
*Station of Exit
*Added PrePay

*PrePay Balance

Very odd.

I have "Sequence Number","Date","Time","Transaction Type",
"Gate Balance Entry","Gate Balance Exit","Bus Number",
"Bus Balance Entry", "Tram Balance Entry" & "Prepay Balance".

In the bottom left
"Created by PROCON Version 2.1"
Old November 21st 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote in message . ..
I don't have that column. I have:
*Sequence
*Date
*Time
*Transaction Type
*Station of entry
*Station of Exit
*Added PrePay

*PrePay Balance

Very odd.

I have "Sequence Number","Date","Time","Transaction Type",
"Gate Balance Entry","Gate Balance Exit","Bus Number",
"Bus Balance Entry", "Tram Balance Entry" & "Prepay Balance".

In the bottom left
"Created by PROCON Version 2.1"

Strange. Mine doesn't say that. It has:

"Pre pay journey transactions

Thank you for your enquiry concerning your Oyster card. As requested,
please find below a statement of the transactions made with your
Oyster card.

Card No. xxxxxxxxx xx

journeys made between 01/04/04 00 and 16/11/2004 23:59"

followed by what looks like a table Autoformatted in word.

hmmm
Old November 20th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't have that column. I have:
*Sequence
*Date
*Time
*Transaction Type
*Station of entry
*Station of Exit
*Added PrePay

*PrePay Balance

Very odd.

I have "Sequence Number","Date","Time","Transaction Type",
"Location", "Gate Balance Entry","Gate Balance Exit","Bus Number",

Old November 20th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:31:56, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Chris
posted :

Got my statement today and have a few issues:
3. Some strange times appear e.g. I got on a bus at 25:03 (is this to
do with travelcards being valid until 3am=27:00?)

I seek references or evidence for the use of, so to speak, the 24-hour
clock outside the range 00:00 to 24:00. One of my Web pages wants to
refer.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
Old November 21st 04, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:55:50 +0000, Dr John Stockton
wrote:

JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:31:56, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Chris
posted :

Got my statement today and have a few issues:
3. Some strange times appear e.g. I got on a bus at 25:03 (is this to
do with travelcards being valid until 3am=27:00?)

I seek references or evidence for the use of, so to speak, the 24-hour
clock outside the range 00:00 to 24:00. One of my Web pages wants to
refer.

The ticketing system has used the concept of days longer than 24 hours
for a long time to reflect the fact that the traffic day and associated
ticket validity can stretch in to the next calendar day.

There is nothing unusual in this from my experience.
--
Paul C

Old November 21st 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:31:56, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Chris
posted :

Got my statement today and have a few issues:
3. Some strange times appear e.g. I got on a bus at 25:03 (is this to
do with travelcards being valid until 3am=27:00?)

I seek references or evidence for the use of, so to speak, the 24-hour
clock outside the range 00:00 to 24:00. One of my Web pages wants to
refer.

The ticketing system has used the concept of days longer than 24 hours
for a long time to reflect the fact that the traffic day and associated
ticket validity can stretch in to the next calendar day.

There is nothing unusual in this from my experience.

So if I have a TC that expires on Friday and travel at 2am on Saturday
then that is counted as 26:00 on Friday.

But if I have a TC that starts on Saturday and travel at the same time
then how is that recorded? Is it 26:00 on Friday and not valid, or
02:00 on saturday?
Old November 22nd 04, 12:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:21:16, Chris wrote:

But if I have a TC that starts on Saturday and travel at the same time
then how is that recorded? Is it 26:00 on Friday and not valid, or
02:00 on saturday?

Quite. Bloody stupid. WTF can't there be an unambiguous date-stamp
that all understand.

26:00 indeed. Bah. Humbug.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.

Old November 21st 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JRS: In article , dated
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:29:48, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Paul
Corfield posted :
wrote:

JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:31:56, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Chris
posted :

Got my statement today and have a few issues:
3. Some strange times appear e.g. I got on a bus at 25:03 (is this to
do with travelcards being valid until 3am=27:00?)

I seek references or evidence for the use of, so to speak, the 24-hour
clock outside the range 00:00 to 24:00. One of my Web pages wants to
refer.

The ticketing system has used the concept of days longer than 24 hours
for a long time to reflect the fact that the traffic day and associated
ticket validity can stretch in to the next calendar day.

There is nothing unusual in this from my experience.

Possibly so. But I was asking for references or evidence; hard details
- not limited to London or UK, BTW.

Are you asserting that the duration exceeds 24 hours, or just that the
hour number can exceed 24? The relevant day could be 03:00 to 27:00.