Old November 29th 04, 07:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!

Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the extra hours
I work,...

Jealous? So that's _your_ problem really. You're mad because LU staff
get time reconciliation while you get nothing. Poor you I'd say, get a
better contract or job.

Old November 29th 04, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"JB" wrote in message ...
My personal opinion is that people like you and the bone idle tube staff
are going to have a nasty dose of reality kick you up the backside one day
when some future government calls their bluff and fires the lot of them.
The miners, dockers, electricity workers and others all thought they were
vital and hence invulnerable and look what happened to them when they
pushed
their luck too far. I do so hope I'm there to see it when it happens to
Bob Crowe or his successors and his cronies.

B2003

Unless this is an online persona, you must be an awfully bitter person.

You think? Perhaps its because the last tube strikes last year caused me no end
of hassle plus lost earnings (being self employed). And I doubt I'm the only
person who experienced that. And why? Because a bunch of already overpaid and
overpandered workers wanted even more cash. And where does that cash come from?
Well lets look at how ticket prices have gone up in recent years.

B2003
Old November 29th 04, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
"JB" wrote in message

Unless this is an online persona, you must be an awfully bitter person.

You think? Perhaps its because the last tube strikes last year caused me
no end
of hassle plus lost earnings (being self employed). And I doubt I'm the
only
person who experienced that. And why? Because a bunch of already overpaid
and
overpandered workers wanted even more cash. And where does that cash come
from?
Well lets look at how ticket prices have gone up in recent years.

B2003

It was a strike. Get over it, it's not that big a deal (and I'm talking as
someone who was also hassled). Be happy that it isn't going to happen again
because they've struck a deal!

Let go your anger or the dark side you will travel to.

Old November 29th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- Aidan Stanger said...

Nick Cooper 625 wrote:

More fool you. If you can't do your job in your contracted
hours, then a) you're not upto the job, or b) the job is too
much for one person. If the former, you're lucky your
employer hasn't noticed yet; if the latter, your employer is
laughing all the way to the bank, since your readiness to
be ****ed up the arse saves them employing more/enough
staff.

Have you considered the possibility that the workload is
so much that very few people are up to it?

That would fall under "b) the job is too much for one person."

Old November 29th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Solar Penguin wrote:

--- Aidan Stanger said...

Nick Cooper 625 wrote:

More fool you. If you can't do your job in your contracted
hours, then a) you're not upto the job, or b) the job is too
much for one person. If the former, you're lucky your
employer hasn't noticed yet; if the latter, your employer is
laughing all the way to the bank, since your readiness to
be ****ed up the arse saves them employing more/enough
staff.

Have you considered the possibility that the workload is
so much that very few people are up to it?

That would fall under "b) the job is too much for one person."

Except that you'd have counterexamples.

Old November 30th 04, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"JB" wrote in message t...
Unless this is an online persona, you must be an awfully bitter person.

You think? Perhaps its because the last tube strikes last year caused me
no end
of hassle plus lost earnings (being self employed). And I doubt I'm the
only
person who experienced that. And why? Because a bunch of already overpaid
and
overpandered workers wanted even more cash. And where does that cash come
from?
Well lets look at how ticket prices have gone up in recent years.

B2003

It was a strike. Get over it, it's not that big a deal (and I'm talking as
someone who was also hassled). Be happy that it isn't going to happen again

Speak for yourself. I lost money because of them. It was a big deal to me.

because they've struck a deal!

Oh please. How many "deals" have there been in the past? It won't be long
before they're not happy with their current deal and will be twisting LUs
arm again with strike threats. I'll give it 12 months max before we have
more industrial action on the tube.

Let go your anger or the dark side you will travel to.

Yeah , thanks for that Yoda. Perhaps while you're at it you could use The Force
to defeat the evil Emperor Crowe...

B2003
Old December 3rd 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message lekom.at,
Guy Perry writes
Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!

Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the
extra hours I work,...

Jealous? So that's _your_ problem really. You're mad because LU staff
get time reconciliation while you get nothing. Poor you I'd say, get a
better contract or job.

Now we know why we have unions. It's better than getting shafted
because you're on your own with your employer, and a wrong word could
get you fired.
--
Clive.
Old December 5th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Clive Coleman" wrote in message
In message lekom.at,
Guy Perry writes
Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!
Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the extra
hours I work,...

Jealous? So that's _your_ problem really. You're mad because LU staff get
time reconciliation while you get nothing. Poor you I'd say, get a better
contract or job.

Now we know why we have unions. It's better than getting shafted because
you're on your own with your employer, and a wrong word could get you
fired.
--
Clive.

So what were the details of the deal? How many weeks for how many hours
extra? I missed that bit...

dave