Old December 7th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster, pre-pay.

RW wrote:
Yesterday I was unable to "touch out" my prepay Oyster due to all the gates
being out of order at a station that I was exiting from.

When that happens to me, as it frequenty does at Totteridge and
Whetstone when some fool sets all the gates as unattended, barriers
open, exit only, and the gates refuse to honor any exit touch-out, it's
still possible to touch out properly if you exit through the 'attended'
gate and touch out properly via the validator beside it, which will
close off the journey properly.

--
Simon Hewison

Old December 8th 04, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yesterday I was unable to "touch out" my prepay Oyster due to all the
gates being out of order at a station that I was exiting from.

Kings cross sometimes has the main set of gates switched off. They are all
open, no displays on and the oystercard readers are all off