Old December 15th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More tube strike

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Says it all:
I've had enough of these arseholes. Why can't the goverment step in to
sort these militants out like they did with other industries and if
they won't play ball then just fire the ****ing lot of them. A few
weeks pain as new non unionised drivers are trained will be worth it in
the long run IMO.
B2003

That was a government of different complection !!
Cheerz,
Baz

Old December 15th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Says it all:

I've had enough of these arseholes. Why can't the goverment step in to
sort these militants out like they did with other industries and if
they won't play ball then just fire the ****ing lot of them. A few
weeks pain as new non unionised drivers are trained will be worth it in
the long run IMO.
B2003

Anybody know the the full/true story about the spads ?
Baz

Old December 15th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Mait001" wrote in message

Theirs is the sort of neanderthal mentality that means that it is now
literally
impossible to find a whole range of manufactured goods made in the U.K.,
ranging from matches to commercial vehicles and, yes, railway carriages!

Yeah, right. It's got nothing to do with the fact the average worker in
China gets paid 67p a day! Are you volunteering to take on that kind of
wage to restore the manufacturing base of the UK?

At least the bus drivers still have jobs.

As do the Chinese workers...except the 350+ who die every day due to low
safety levels.

Old December 15th 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Dec 2004 03:24:27 -0800, "Boltar"
wrote:

Says it all:

Clealry you didn't read it very closely.

I've had enough of these arseholes. Why can't the goverment step in to
sort these militants out like they did with other industries and if
they won't play ball then just fire the ****ing lot of them.

"Tube drivers on the Piccadilly line are to strike on Christmas Eve
and 5 January in a row over the demotion of a driver for passing red
signal lights."

"Aslef claims an appeal hearing for the demoted driver took place
without any union representation."

So you think it's okay for employees to deny workers their rights?

A few weeks pain as new non unionised drivers are trained will be
worth it in the long run IMO.

"A few weeks...." ROTFLMAO! Yeah, right.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old December 15th 04, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:

I did hear that the militants sometimes - and I'm sure this can't be
true in all cases - cause meetings to spin out for hours and hours
until all the moderates go home in despair and boredom, and the
militants take control.... intimidating any remaining moderates off
the committees....
I don't suppose this is still true today, but it may well have been in
the days when the unions held the nations to ransom!

A little anecdote for you.

In the late seventies/early eighties I was a TU branch officer and used to
take special (i.e. unpaid) leave to attend branch meetings. I wasn't and am
not a "militant", it was recognised by colleagues from both ends of the
spectrum that I usually had a balanced, middle of the road view. But
eventually I got so fed up with the general level of disinterest in their
own conditions and future displayed by my own workmates that I gave up.

On one ocassion a work colleague raised something (it's twenty odd years ago
remember) that caused me to ask why he didn't attend branch meetings. His
response was "I've got a family to support". Not being a family manI asked
him to tell me what that entailed, what it was that he spent his time doing
that stopped him from attending a branch meeting once in a while. He
couldn't tell me.

Yes there were people in the branch who brought up matters that weren't
directly to do with our employment etc and if we had nothing better to talk
about it was allowed, but employment matters took precedence.

Apathy is the biggest problem facing the British workforce because most
people can't see further ahead than the next pay packet and that includes
"management". Far too many people suffer from myopic tunnel vision.

Old December 16th 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes indeed. I was no fan of Thatchers government but she did do a few
good things.
One was the Falklands , the other was smashing the militant unions.
Unfortunately
as with weeds, you can burn them, poison them, dig them up, but they
always
come back eventually if you stop paying attention. And thats whats
happening with
the unions here.

B2003

Old December 16th 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

6 months to train plus the recruitment process (and in fact, by your
proposal you will have fired all the trainers too!). I'm not sure
Londoners could stand that long.

Not necessarily. If it was up to me I'd get all LUL staff to sign a non
strike agreement. If they sign it they get a pay rise , if they don't
they
get the sack. Carrot and stick approach. Anyone who breaks the
agreement would be fired on the spot, no negotiation.

I'm genrally in favour of unions, they're they're to stop exploitation
of
workers which as we know still happens. However , when people start
to use and abuse those powers and generally take the **** then its
time to get heavy handed I'm afraid.

B2003

Old December 16th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

So you think it's okay for employees to deny workers their rights?

Thats their story. I believe it about as much as I believe that Santa
will be
landing on my roof next week. So far every union complaint in the last
few
years has turned out to be BS.

B2003

Old December 16th 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Yeah, right. It's got nothing to do with the fact the average worker
in
China gets paid 67p a day! Are you volunteering to take on that kind

of
wage to restore the manufacturing base of the UK?

France, germany, italy etc sitll have viable large scale car
manufacturers,
train builders etc. Hmm , wonder why that is. Could it be the workers
actually got on with doing their job instead of farting about on a
picket
line? I'm old enough to remember the strikes at Leyland and it was just

so sad to see those cretins warming their hands over the oil drums
digging
not only their own career graves and that of their children, but the
whole british
car industry. The same could be said for various other blue collar
industries
in britain too.

B2003

Old December 16th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:37:41 +0000, Mait001 wrote:

if they didnt they,d be sold
down the river and stitced up,

I would GLADLY pay good money to see Bob Crowe and his ilk of dinosaurus rex
all stitched up, hanging from the lamp-post oustide my house

You can not say the above and then come out with:

Theirs is the sort of neanderthal mentality