Old January 14th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground Song

On 14 Jan 2005 16:10:29 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

wrote the following in:
roups.com

Some people might find this funny.

It's not.

I have to say that I laughed my head off when I heard it. That would
probably be deemed to be "unacceptable" for someone in my position in
LUL if I was being hunted down by the PC Thought Police.

The point is whether you believe all the lyrics to be true - I don't but
whether you or I like it or not there is a cross section of the public
who hate LUL, its staff and the way they feel they get treated when they
use the system.

I've been treated pretty roughly on here on occasion and the only reason
for that is simply that I work for LUL and admit to it - I personally
think that is a stupid reason to attack anyone but just look at some of
the posts in another thread over the last week for evidence of how some
people think.

I see the weekly public correspondence snapshot that gets discussed at a
director level meeting each week - believe me the public who complain do
not mince their words and the sentiment is not far away from the lyrics.

--
Paul C

Old January 14th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil Williams wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 14 Jan 2005:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:16:38 +0000, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

I wouldn't go that far - there are far more offensive things on the
Internet. It did make me grin, but it wasn't especially funny, I didn't
think - I don't find things funny merely because they use the f-word a
lot (like Billy Connolly, who would be a lot funnier if he didn't).

I actually find I'm totally unable to take offence at Billy Connolly
at all, whatever words he uses, despite the fact that I don't like
other comedians who go over the top with it.

I don't take offence at him - I just sometimes wish he'd change the
record....

As for the "song", it was mildly amusing but would probably have
worked better without the excessive use of the C word.

Zigackly!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old January 14th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:
Some people might find this funny. I don't think tube drivers will
though.
http://www.flybudget.com/LondonUnderground.mp3

ROFL
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk
Old January 14th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Adrian) wrote:

1min57 later

That is absolutely PRICELESS! I *love* it. Thank you, Richard, I'd have
missed it otherwise.

AOL!

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981
Old January 14th 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
I wouldn't go that far - there are far more offensive things on the
Internet. It did make me grin, but it wasn't especially funny, I didn't
think - I don't find things funny merely because they use the f-word a
lot (like Billy Connolly, who would be a lot funnier if he didn't).

I'd go along with that. It was pretty funny but the use for the F and
C words didn't actually add anything to the humour.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old January 14th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
I see the weekly public correspondence snapshot that gets discussed at a
director level meeting each week - believe me the public who complain do
not mince their words and the sentiment is not far away from the lyrics.

They must not pick the worst ones to put on the web site he

https://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/customer_complaints/

Also special thanks to Richard J. without whom I wouldn't have
discovered this. When you said you asked the site to remove it, I
figured I just *had* to see what the fuss was about.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old January 15th 05, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
I see the weekly public correspondence snapshot that gets
discussed at a director level meeting each week - believe me the
public who complain do not mince their words and the sentiment is
not far away from the lyrics.

They must not pick the worst ones to put on the web site he

https://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/customer_complaints/

Also special thanks to Richard J. without whom I wouldn't have
discovered this. When you said you asked the site to remove it, I
figured I just *had* to see what the fuss was about.

Glad I got something right. :-)

Actually, I've withdrawn my request to remove the file, as there's no
evidence here that any LU staff are bothered about (what I regard as)
the offensive abuse directed at them.

--
Richard J.

Old January 15th 05, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Richard J. wrote:

Actually, I've withdrawn my request to remove the file, as there's no
evidence here that any LU staff are bothered about (what I regard as)
the offensive abuse directed at them.

I can assure you that many of the LU staff who post here will have
suffered worse and for longer than two minutes....
--
Kat

Old January 15th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- Paul Corfield said...

The point is whether you believe all the lyrics to be true - I don't

but
whether you or I like it or not there is a cross section of the public
who hate LUL, its staff and the way they feel they get treated when

they
use the system.

I'm still wondering whether the singer *does* believe the lyrics to be
true, or whether he's just *parodying* the sort of people who do.
Either way, it isn't clear, ad so the song totally misses its target --
whatever that target just happened to be. As a result, it's not funny
at all, just a confused ugly mess. Didn't even make me smile once.

(Still, it's interesting that some posters here did enjoy it. Odd that
you're so easily amused. Maybe I paint a wall and you could all watch
it dry. That would give probably give you hours of fun!)