Old March 4th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Runaway Trams along Brixton Hill in the 20th Century

Can posters to uk.transport.london help with my efforts in trying to find
out some more information about an incident involving a runaway tram on
Brixton Hill somewhere between 1900 and 1933. The reason for it, is that a
tram driver who managed to stop the tram was my great-grandfather, and a
newspaper cutting about the said incident which was once in the family's
possession has long been lost.

Thanks

Old March 5th 05, 04:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Can posters to uk.transport.london help with my efforts in trying to find
out some more information about an incident involving a runaway tram on
Brixton Hill somewhere between 1900 and 1933. ... a newspaper cutting
about the said incident which was once in the family's possession has
long been lost.

If you know which newspaper, you might try contacting their offices.
--
Mark Brader "You have a truly warped mind.
Toronto I admire that in a person."
Old March 5th 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Can posters to uk.transport.london help with my efforts in trying to

find
out some more information about an incident involving a runaway tram on
Brixton Hill somewhere between 1900 and 1933. ... a newspaper cutting
about the said incident which was once in the family's possession has
long been lost.

If you know which newspaper, you might try contacting their offices.
--
Mark Brader "You have a truly warped mind.
Toronto I admire that in a person."
-- Bill Davidsen

Mark

That sadly isnt possible. I cant remember the name of the newspaper, and
was just posting to uk.transport.london on the off chance someone might be
able to point me in the direction of a website or other source, which would
detail some of the incidents that occured on London's trams.

Thanks any way

Old March 5th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Mark Brader wrote:

Can posters to uk.transport.london help with my efforts in trying to
find out some more information about an incident involving a runaway
tram on Brixton Hill somewhere between 1900 and 1933. ... a newspaper
cutting about the said incident which was once in the family's
possession has long been lost.

If you know which newspaper, you might try contacting their offices.

Or head up to the British Library newspaper archive at Colindale.

tom

--
.... to build a space elevator, that's got to be hundreds of thousands of pounds ... -- Mike Froggatt

Old March 7th 05, 07:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

try contacting:

http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/

Once you have found the date of the accident then the newspaper archive at
Colindale should have a copy of the relevant paper.

There may also be info in the London Transport archives, where-ever they
are. A good starting point would be the transport museum in Covent Garden.