Old March 10th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default News Flash: Epping and Ongar line Easter Opening dates!!!

You know what you dont like this go away.
It looks like you come in here to cause trouble.
Muppet? You could of done something better than that.
You dont like the line, then be off with you Boltar.
By the way have you been down there yet and if you have you could tell
me a few things you saw to prove it.
James.

Old March 11th 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote the following in:
oups.com

So the only comments can be nice ones?

No, but it's rather pointless if the comments are mind numbingly
repetitive. "Mind numbingly repetitive" describes perfectly your
comments about the EOR, which as I've already said all amount to little
more than "I think it's boring and don't want to go on it". We
established that long ago, perhaps you could consider only posting
about it when you have something new to add?

--
message by Robin May.
Drinking Special Brew will get you drunk in much the same way that

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old March 12th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote:
You know what you dont like this go away.
It looks like you come in here to cause trouble.
Muppet? You could of done something better than that.
You dont like the line, then be off with you Boltar.

How about you explain why the EOR ripped up the conductor rails
so precluding any heritage tube operation. How about you tell us all
when any stock relevant to the line will run on it. I was under the
impression that heritage lines generally reflected the history of the line
as it was. Can't say I'd noticed it with the EOR. Seems to me you lot can't
decide if you want to be some sort of cut price "real" railway with your
corporate colour scheme being splashed everywhere (never seen a DMU in that
colour before) etc or want to be a heritage line or you just want to be an
adults train set and do what you please to the line regardless of its
history. I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to achieve.

By the way have you been down there yet and if you have you could tell
me a few things you saw to prove it.

I don't have to prove anything to you pal.

B2003
Old March 13th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Mar 2005 21:10:02 GMT, Robin May wrote:

I seem to remember reading the answer to that question here already.
It's because HMRI won't let any new railway start up using unprotected
conductor rails like those on the tube. Presumably they consider the
EOR to be a new railway.

So, how does one "protect" them, then? Are we talking those wooden
planks either side of them?

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/c371905.html
(Thumbnail index to Swiss trains (non-SBB))

Old March 13th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris Tolley wrote the following in:

On 12 Mar 2005 21:10:02 GMT, Robin May wrote:

I seem to remember reading the answer to that question here
already. It's because HMRI won't let any new railway start up
using unprotected conductor rails like those on the tube.
Presumably they consider the EOR to be a new railway.

So, how does one "protect" them, then? Are we talking those wooden
planks either side of them?

An example of protected conductor rails is the Docklands Light Railway.
It looks like a sort of curtain rail and the current shoe runs
underneath it. I'm not quite sure of the exact mechanics.

Old March 14th 05, 06:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Mar 2005 00:04:17 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

An example of protected conductor rails is the Docklands Light Railway.
It looks like a sort of curtain rail and the current shoe runs
underneath it. I'm not quite sure of the exact mechanics.

Believe it or not, the design used there is identical to that used in
Hamburg, which has been around for *ages*.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old March 14th 05, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Robin May wrote:

Presumably they consider the EOR to be a new railway.

Seems unlikely to me. If that were the case then the whole of network
southeast would have had to have been de-electrified when network rail
took over from railtrack.

No, because service was continuous.
Old March 14th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Farrar wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Robin May wrote:

Presumably they consider the EOR to be a new railway.

Seems unlikely to me. If that were the case then the whole of

network
southeast would have had to have been de-electrified when network

rail
took over from railtrack.

No, because service was continuous.

What about the Jubilee Line Extension ?
Although this was an extension to an existing railway I'm sure dual
methods of current collection could have been devised if necessary. Or
is the whole of LUL, present and future, exempted from this supposed
HMRI ruling?