Old March 24th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

So aslong i dont use the flash and dont cause an obstruction im ok.
Im going to wait for their response anyway.
Thank you for your info
Cheers
James

Old March 24th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brimstone" wrote in message
EorJames wrote:
But in the end of the day, is my service what people want.
If i get enough requests i will ask the LU for permission, but if i
dont i think ill leave the idea alone.
Most of the people on here think it stupid but hey i dont have the
money to advertise greatly and if they ask me to pay for what im doing
it would cost to much.
Now i think it was stupid idea. But if you guys think it's a good idea
and i should ask permission ill do it.
Cheers

I haven't noticed anyone saying it's a stupid idea, only that you need to
get your act together.

If you get the necessary permission from LU so as not to fall foul of their
rather draconian bylaws, then it might provide a useful service. You might
want to think about your charging policy: will you charge the same amount of
money to take a new photo as you would to use an exsiting photo that you
took for another customer, for instance? Are you thinking of running it as a
money-making venture or are you doing it partly because you want to be
helpful: in other words, are you making a profit or just covering costs?

Old March 24th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote in message
ups.com...
I find my service in more for the american market.
I already have 4 american customers.
But remember you will have a choice of any station and any part of that
station.

Some interior shots of Highgate High Level would be good...:-)

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old March 24th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...
So aslong i dont use the flash and dont cause an obstruction im ok.

Yes - certainly at the point when you take the photos, as you simply insist
they are for personal use.

But LU/TFL may or may not read this forum or see anything you advertise, and
that is where you might encounter difficulties. I would hope that they
wouldn't, but I'm not LU/TFL.

Good luck with your work.

Old March 24th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:19:38 -0000, (Mark Brader) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp writes:
"in accordance with our Bylaws we do not permit the filming of [...]
Misuse of escalators"

James Farrar asks:
Misuse of escalators?

Presumably referring to dangerous stunts like sliding down between two
escalators, or trying to ride on the handrails.

Or not carrying a dog?
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old March 24th 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well this is to be helpfull really and to help me out a bit.
Its really covering the costs but there is a few pounds over to buy me
an egg freid rice and chips on the way home.
But i do make somthing out of it well im hoping to up date my camera so
with the money each time i get over from the fee its going into a
savings fund.
Right now:
Fee: 18 pounds
Photos set of 5: £1.00
If photos are in stock prices are as follows
Set of 5:£ 5.50
Set of 10:£8.50
set of 15: £12.50
set of 20:£15.50
over 20: a price will be aranged
Now remember in the price of the photos you are getting high quality
photographs with unbeatable quality.
Now also remember these photos are taken to a high quality with high
quality film.
When the photos are in stock the prices are what they would cost to get
a certain amount developed again ,as the guys i use are brillant.
The website is to be updated very soon but the above prices are
correct, because i have now thought through all of the costs properly.
Lets hope that permit goes through ok.
Thanks
James

Old March 24th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I see but really i dont want to keep this secret as i can expand the
website.
Ive asked for the permit if they give it to me then thunderbirds are
go!!!!
But if they dont i might be tempted to do it black market style.
But hey I havernt heard yet so it could go anyway.
Cheers
James.

Old March 25th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
Well have, and im waiting for a reply.
And Lars do you mean you would.

Given the number of LU/TfL employees that post or lurk on here, I suspect LU
already know about your plan

Old March 25th 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:31:45 +0000, k wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:29:21 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

Call yourself "LU Photo Shop," and you expect LUL to dump legal ****
on you from a very great height. Good luck in court, sucker!

Have LUL copywrited the letters LU then?

In the context of someone offering a photo service for London
Underground stations, then as James suggests, it may be regarded as
"passing off." Of course, if the OP wasn't as thick as a whale
omlette, he would have called himself something more genreic, like
"London Stations Photo Shop," which he could probably get away with.
Only he is..
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old March 25th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:57:57 +0000, Arthur Figgis
] wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:19:38 -0000, (Mark Brader) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp writes:
"in accordance with our Bylaws we do not permit the filming of [...]
Misuse of escalators"

James Farrar asks:
Misuse of escalators?

Presumably referring to dangerous stunts like sliding down between two
escalators, or trying to ride on the handrails.

Or not carrying a dog?

Funnily enough, getting off at Wood Green the other day, there was a
bloke ahead of me on the escalator with a Jack Russell (or similar)
perched across his shoulders. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera
with me, but a picture of him just passing the "DOGS MUST BE CARRIED"
sign would have been priceless!