Old April 23rd 05, 02:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Get to Gatwick for 6:25AM weekday flight?

Looking at the Gatwick Express site, it seems that teh earliest train leaves
Victoria Staion at 5AM and takes 30 minutes so it arrives outside the
airport at 0530 if it is on time.
That is less than an hour before departure plus walking time to the EasyJet
check-in counter, so it may be cutting it too close.
The journey planner gave a very ugly itinerary from Stamford Brook station
area requiring 4 buses and over 2 1/2 hours travel time.
What other alternatives other than a taxi will arrive between 0430 and 5AM?

Old April 23rd 05, 02:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kevin wrote:
Looking at the Gatwick Express site, it seems that teh earliest train

leaves
Victoria Staion at 5AM and takes 30 minutes so it arrives outside the

airport at 0530 if it is on time.
That is less than an hour before departure plus walking time to the

EasyJet
check-in counter, so it may be cutting it too close.
The journey planner gave a very ugly itinerary from Stamford Brook

station
area requiring 4 buses and over 2 1/2 hours travel time.
What other alternatives other than a taxi will arrive between 0430

and 5AM?

There's a through the night service from Victoria / Blackfriars to
Three Bridges via Gatwick (assuming you know how to get to Victoria
from Stamford Brook.

Like I said in your other thread (about your 6.25AM flight from Luton)
- why not look at all the dozens of flyers for airport minibuses etc.
that seem to get pushed through doors with all this election stuff
nowadays.

Old April 23rd 05, 03:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris!" wrote in message
oups.com...
Like I said in your other thread (about your 6.25AM flight from Luton)

- why not look at all the dozens of flyers for airport minibuses etc.
that seem to get pushed through doors with all this election stuff
nowadays.

I am not in the UK yet. I'm doing pre-planning and do not have access to
the flyers.
Maybe a minibus will be the best late night transportation or at least a
taxi from Stamford Brook to Victoria Station.
I don't know how much a taxi to Victoria Satan would cost and I don't know
how much an airport minibus directly to Gatwick Airport would cost.

Old April 23rd 05, 06:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:54:21 on Fri, 22
Apr 2005, Kevin remarked:
Maybe a minibus will be the best late night transportation or at least a
taxi from Stamford Brook to Victoria Station.
I don't know how much a taxi to Victoria Satan would cost

Stamford Brook to Victoria? Guessing: about £20. Have you looked at
night buses? The N11 looks useful. http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

and I don't know
how much an airport minibus directly to Gatwick Airport would cost.

Guessing again: about £50.

(I think a lot of people getting very early flights stay overnight at a
B&B or hotel near the airport. There are loads of them.)

It looks like Thameslink (Blackfriars) and Southern (Victoria) each run
trains every 30 minutes through the night.

Old April 23rd 05, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland
Perry writes
In message , at 20:54:21 on Fri, 22
Apr 2005, Kevin remarked:
Maybe a minibus will be the best late night transportation or at least a
taxi from Stamford Brook to Victoria Station.
I don't know how much a taxi to Victoria Satan would cost

Stamford Brook to Victoria? Guessing: about £20. Have you looked at
night buses? The N11 looks useful. http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

and I don't know
how much an airport minibus directly to Gatwick Airport would cost.

Guessing again: about £50.

I *may* be able to do better than that for the whole journey.

I am a London taxi driver. I live in Worthing and frequently travel home
via Gatwick. The full metered fare is usually about 75 GBP. I'm quite
happy to take you all the way for 50, depending what day of the week it
is. (I don't usually work on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings)

At least you'll have the assurance that the vehicle is properly licensed
and insured.

Let me know more details and I'll see what I can arrange for you.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England

Old April 24th 05, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I reckon

N11 bus from Stamford Brook (well, point where Chiswick High Rd becomes
King St) to Victoria. Every 30 mins throughout the night, timetable on
www.tfl.gov.uk.

Southern train from Victoria. These run all night. Timetables at
www.southernrailway.com or www.nationalrail.co.uk

Hope this helps

Keith

weekday pass GaneshS London Transport 2 July 26th 06 03:36 PM
Catching an early flight from Heathrow Saltage London Transport 7 November 21st 05 10:24 PM
Weekday Travelcard David Cantrell London Transport 2 November 19th 04 10:12 AM
Stansted Express Train - Express ride to a missed flight Mike Delorme London Transport 8 February 28th 04 05:42 PM
Another weekday night Jeff Mowatt London Transport 0 January 16th 04 07:50 AM