Old May 3rd 05, 03:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dee Dee is offline

Default No cap applied to Oyster prepay with incomplete journeys?

Bill Woods wrote:
I have got an Oyster pre-pay card.

I requested a statement which shows two incomplete single journeys on
the same day along with several other journeys that day. The total
cost I have been charged for the day is £6.30.

I thought Oyster was price-capped after February to no charge more
than a travelcard. I reckon incompletes shouldn't have made a
difference.

All my journeys that day were completely off-peak (ie after 09:30
am).

Same thing happened to me got charged £7 because one of my stops was at
a DLR station and there was no sensor to touch out on in sight and then
got a lift to another station

Old May 3rd 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dee wrote:
Bill Woods wrote:
I have got an Oyster pre-pay card.

I requested a statement which shows two incomplete single journeys

on
the same day along with several other journeys that day. The total

cost I have been charged for the day is £6.30.

I thought Oyster was price-capped after February to no charge more
than a travelcard. I reckon incompletes shouldn't have made a
difference.

All my journeys that day were completely off-peak (ie after 09:30
am).

Same thing happened to me got charged £7 because one of my stops was

at
a DLR station and there was no sensor to touch out on in sight and

then
got a lift to another station

Apparenlty you can get it fixed if you tell the oystercard people
(their number is on the back of the oystercard wallet)

Old May 10th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yep!

The cap ONLY works correctly if you touch in and out on your journey.
Uncompleted or unstarted journeys will be charged which will add to a cap
for a 1-6 (or 1-6D) therefore if you only do 1-2 etc you will pay more.
Oystercard helpline can sort the problem if you call them.

or "Chris!" wrote in message
ups.com...-