Old May 17th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Adverts at TCR

In message , Dave Newt
writes
I think it was Rue Montmartre (now Grands Boulevards) metro stop that
had, in about 2000, TV screens hanging down along the platform showing
news, weather, ads, film clips etc.

Circular Quay station in Sydney (actually elevated but and "Underground"
station in the operational sense) had those in 2001. I'm not sure if
they're still there but I'll be able to check in a couple of weeks!
:-)

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old May 18th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mike Bristow wrote:

So I suspect that durability is less of an issue than it was.

I agree with this regarding technical reliability - should have made my
point clearer in that I was thinking about what happens when milkshakes
are thrown on them, people slap them as they go down the escalators,
and stick 'Vote for God' type stickers all over them...

Old May 20th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:47:13 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

What happened to the plan to project adverts onto the walls of tube
tunnels so that commuters could see them out of the windows?

I expect it's still stalled while people figure out how to get any thing
recognisable from the soot-black tunnel walls.

--
(the changing appearance of 73 109...)
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9680069.html (1981, Rail blue)
Old May 22nd 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Roland
Perry writes
What happened to the plan to project adverts onto the walls of tube
tunnels so that commuters could see them out of the windows?

On the Athens Metro last year I saw something out of the window between
stations that looked a lot like it might have been such a thing.
However, the train was always too crowded, and I was too busy, for me to
investigate properly.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

No wi-fi for TCR; and a map problem Offramp London Transport 1 May 31st 16 10:48 AM
Bank in 3D / TCR lonelytraveller London Transport 1 March 12th 12 12:26 PM
Projector adverts London Transport 14 January 11th 07 01:03 PM
St Pauls Station, no adverts? Kevin OShea London Transport 0 August 30th 04 01:38 AM
No platform adverts at St Paul's Vic London Transport 2 August 1st 03 03:48 PM