Old January 9th 07, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Projector adverts

I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this and
at which tube stations?

Thanks.

Old January 9th 07, 11:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 9 Jan 2007
08:45:26 in uk.transport.london, writes
I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this and
at which tube stations?

They have them at Tottenham Court Road on the up escalator from the
Central Line. I found them very disconcerting.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 9th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:45:26 GMT, wrote:

I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this and
at which tube stations?

Thanks.

Didn't they have something like this at Heathrow T4 for a while,
probably decades ago!
Old January 9th 07, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Chris
Hills writes
wrote:
I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this and
at which tube stations?

They've had them for years at QVB station (Sydney CBD). They also used
to show news and weather.

Circular Quay Station had them in 2001, too. I hated the idea, just as
much as I hate the "on train" TV of which Central Trains seem so proud.

I would like to see that in London but I
expect it isn't as much of a revenue source as advertising.

That said, I'm not sure we're talking about he same thing on this
thread. The once on escalators are basically plasma "moving" versions of
the ubiquitous escalator ads which have been around for almost as long
as the Tube. But we may be talking about actual "programmes" (as
opposed to just animated posters for want of a better word) on
platforms.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old January 10th 07, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Aren't they doing that at the Holborn escalators?

BTW, I remember that there were advertisements between stations on Berlin's
U-Bahn that worked like a film. As the train passed each frame, it created
for passengers on board the illusion that there was movement in the
advertisement.

Are there any such plans in London or has anything like that been tried in
the past?

"Dave A" wrote in message

Not sure when, but it looks like the walls have been set up for it at a
number of stations (i.e. posters removed and walls painted with large
white blocks) - Oxford Circus springs to mind, as part of the ongoing
refurbishment.

--
Dave Arquati

Old January 10th 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Frimberley" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:45:26 GMT, wrote:

I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this
and
at which tube stations?

Thanks.

Didn't they have something like this at Heathrow T4 for a while,
probably decades ago!

Well they wouldnt be able to have them at Canary Wharf because the posters
are behind glass doors.

Old January 10th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave A" wrote in message
I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing this
and at which tube stations?

Thanks.

Not sure when, but it looks like the walls have been set up for it at a
number of stations (i.e. posters removed and walls painted with large
white blocks) - Oxford Circus springs to mind, as part of the ongoing
refurbishment.

--
Dave Arquati

I think it has the potential to be very Orwellian and to echo the worst
aspects of "Blade Runner".

All we need is a picture of our esteemed leaders Bliar / Brown, a feed of
propaganda bull **** from the [b][b][C] "Trust" and perhaps a few pictures
of a hanged Saddam Hussein as part of our "War of Terror", and we're there.