Old May 31st 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle Line "closing" from 2009?

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2005, James Farrar wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Hence, i suppose, the name 'T-cup'.

I thought the tea-cup name came from:

/----+---------------\
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
\---------------/

which looks a bit like a tea cup to me

Good god! I think you're right. I knew the tube diagram was an
exercise in fiendish Masonic symbolism, but this, this i had never
expected!

How about a route like this:

Hammersmith
Edgware Road
Liverpool Street
Aldgate
Tower Hill
Gloucester Road
Edgware Road (reverse)
Gloucester Road
Tower Hill
Aldgate East
Barking (reverse and do the whole thing backwards)

That, i think you'll find, would make it a tea-pot service!

Now, how can we do scones?

Hainault Loop? (It's jam-coloured!)

--
Richard J.