Old June 17th 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Improvements to the North London Line

For instance

If I can remember the times of NLL trains I change onto it at West
Hampstead to get from St Albans to Canonbury, it saves time. But the
trains arent frequent enough to risk it if you dont know the time so I
go to Kings X and get a 73 bus. If NLL was turn up ang go frequent I
wouldnt need to bother Zone 1

Rob

Old June 18th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Who wants to go to south London any way??

Loopy

"MaxB" wrote in message
What about some improvements to the South London Line? Reinstating a
station at Brixton (with platform level interchange to the main line)
would be a start!

--
Regards,
Max B

Visit me at http://www.thebattens.ndonet.com

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
He (Ken Livingstone) added: "Simply bidding for the Games has brought
forward a host of transport improvements - with the East London Line
extension, the new £400m ticket hall at King's Cross, and the £91m
package of improvements to the North London Line all given added
momentum."
What are the improvements to the NLL? £91M doesn't seem to by much
these days so it can't be much of an improvement.

It should be for:
- signalling enhancements
- improved power supply
- new "resilience measures" to counter late-running freight services - I
think this just means a new/reinstated freight loop
- platform extensions for 6-car trains where necessary
- frequency doubling to 8tph

I'm not sure how they are squeezing the £91m for those measures, but
that's what it's for.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-0, 13/06/2005
Tested on: 13/06/2005 15:57:48

Old June 18th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I believe there are power supply issues as to why they only run 3 car units
to Watford.

Loopy

Are they actually planning to increase the length of trains, where will
the extra trains come from, also for increased frequency. Incredible
for a line that 30 years ago BR would hve quite happily confined to the
waste dump (passenger services anyway). I have always thought the 3 car
trains from Euston to Watford Junc needed extra carriages when you see
the overcrowding so would have thought that this should take priority
over the NLL.
Kevin

Old June 18th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

South of the Thames - Britain's best kept secret. We don't want you here
anyway!!

"MaxB" wrote in message
[...]

Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 18/06/2005
Tested on: 18/06/2005 17:53:04

Old June 18th 05, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:43:37 +0100, "Loopy Juice"
wrote:

I believe there are power supply issues as to why they only run 3 car units
to Watford.

Why doesn't that stop them running 7-car Bakerloos?

Old June 19th 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I believe there are power supply issues as to why they only run 3 car

units
to Watford.

Why doesn't that stop them running 7-car Bakerloos?

Why didn't somebody tell me they were running Bakerloos to Watford again ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Old June 19th 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I REALLY would like to know !!
Cheerz,
Baz

Old June 19th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Marratxi" wrote in message
"MaxB" wrote in message
What about some improvements to the South London Line? Reinstating a

station
at Brixton (with platform level interchange to the main line) would be a
start!
Regards,
Max B

Does anybody have comparative figures of the number of miles of commuter
rail north and south of the Thames and within the M25 ?
Cheerz,
Baz

This is what I REALLY want to know !! I'm sure somebody, somewhere knows.
Cheerz,
Baz

Old June 20th 05, 01:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:54:04 +0100, "Marratxi"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:
I believe there are power supply issues as to why they only run 3 car

units
to Watford.

Why doesn't that stop them running 7-car Bakerloos?

Why didn't somebody tell me they were running Bakerloos to Watford again ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Well, I suppose they might have downgraded the power supply since
then...
Old June 22nd 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:59:27 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:
What are the improvements to the NLL? £91M doesn't seem to by much
these days so it can't be much of an improvement.

http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/105

Ah, yes. How *do* I touch out at Gospel Oak?