Old June 25th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default E17 tube - bus subway

Does anyone have any progress on the subway link from Walthamstow Bus to
Walthamstow Tube station? I'm sure it was meant to be finished by now...

Andy.

Old June 25th 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:41:08 +0100, "Andrew Wyatt"
wrote:

Does anyone have any progress on the subway link from Walthamstow Bus to
Walthamstow Tube station? I'm sure it was meant to be finished by now...

I'm not fully up to speed but I believe you are correct concerning the
anticipated completion date. I understand there are issues over how
much it would cost to knock through into the LU station and then fit out
the link (quotes far higher than anticipated). I'll see if I can find
out some more next week. It is rather annoying knowing it's there and
still having to battle through the narrow confines of the "One" station
and then across the road as the all the buses you want to catch either
zoom in or out of the bus station.

--
Paul C

Old June 25th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Does anyone have any progress on the subway link from Walthamstow Bus to
Walthamstow Tube station? I'm sure it was meant to be finished by now...

I'm not fully up to speed but I believe you are correct concerning the
anticipated completion date. I understand there are issues over how
much it would cost to knock through into the LU station and then fit out
the link (quotes far higher than anticipated). I'll see if I can find
out some more next week. It is rather annoying knowing it's there and
still having to battle through the narrow confines of the "One" station
and then across the road as the all the buses you want to catch either
zoom in or out of the bus station.

Birse Metro won a contract for this last month, although I'm not sure
if they are on-site yet. The contract was awarded for £3.9m, and will
probably be complete end 2006/early 2007. I can't remember the exact
figures for the anticipated cost, but I'm sure it's significantly
higher than originally expected, and around 18 months late on the
schedule proposed, in 2003.

Old June 25th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.birsemetro.com/news_view....4ceeea1d396240