Old July 6th 05, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

Well we got em, here's to a nice quiet life on the underground...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old July 6th 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Reckon Paris would be nice in the Spring of 2012....?
Ou est le Metro ?
Old July 6th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Dulieu wrote:
Well we got em, here's to a nice quiet life on the underground...

Oh bugger.

Old July 6th 05, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Alek wrote:
Reckon Paris would be nice in the Spring of 2012....?
Ou est le Metro ?

Anywhere would be nice, except London and the south east!!

Old July 6th 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
Steve Dulieu wrote:
Well we got em, here's to a nice quiet life on the underground...

Oh bugger.

I was in Stratford at the time of the announcement. Traffic came to a
standstill. The bus station locked up. People couldn't get into or
out of the station.

And it was bloody brilliant!! Bring it on!

Old July 6th 05, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Steve Dulieu wrote:
Well we got em, here's to a nice quiet life on the underground...

I'd drink to that but I'm just off to work...
--
Kat

Old July 6th 05, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

umpston wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

And it was bloody brilliant!! Bring it on!

AMEN!! I, for one, am utterly delighted. Whether we actually enjoy
living here while it's happening is one thing - but I do think it will,
overall, be an excellent thing for London, and contribute enormously to
quality of life in that part of the capital after the event.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 6th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:
umpston wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

And it was bloody brilliant!! Bring it on!

AMEN!! I, for one, am utterly delighted. Whether we actually enjoy
living here while it's happening is one thing - but I do think it will,
overall, be an excellent thing for London, and contribute enormously to
quality of life in that part of the capital after the event.

Can't wait. Hope all the extra tax I'll pay for this pointless waste
of money will mean the athletes and the locals in stratford have a
whale
of a time.

B2003

Old July 6th 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Mrs Redboots wrote:
umpston wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

And it was bloody brilliant!! Bring it on!

AMEN!! I, for one, am utterly delighted. Whether we actually enjoy
living here while it's happening is one thing - but I do think it will,
overall, be an excellent thing for London, and contribute enormously to
quality of life in that part of the capital after the event.

Can't wait. Hope all the extra tax I'll pay for this pointless waste
of money will mean the athletes and the locals in stratford have a
whale
of a time.

Personally I'm really looking forward to sharing London's transport
'system' with half a million extra people, for a month.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Old July 6th 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brimstone" wrote in message
Steve Dulieu wrote:
Well we got em, here's to a nice quiet life on the underground...

Oh bugger.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly...