Old July 7th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU chaos

"General Von Clinkerhoffen" wrote in message
I cannot believe just how mean spirited and bloody nasty some of you lot
are being, I want to get home, I want a bus ME ME ME.

Grow up, go to the pub, go to church and thank god you're not involved.

I can fully understand people wanting to know how they can get home: in the
same situation (and I very nearly went up to London today) that's what I'd
want to do - to get away from the area and to get on with doing something
else. Staying put and waiting probably makes a great deal of sense (it's
what the Met chief constable has been urging people to do) but that's not
the natural reaction, so it takes some coming to terms with.

Old July 7th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:
I cannot believe just how mean spirited and bloody nasty some of you lot
are being, I want to get home, I want a bus ME ME ME.

Grow up, go to the pub, go to church and thank god you're not involved.

I agree. OK, so it's inconvenient, but how does that compare with the
"inconvenience" (I can't think of a better word off hand) to the
families of the dead and injured. At least you're likely to see your
loved ones again. Some people won't.

PhilD

Old July 7th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris Hills wrote:

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

I cannot believe just how mean spirited and bloody nasty some of you
lot are being, I want to get home, I want a bus ME ME ME.

Grow up, go to the pub, go to church and thank god you're not involved.

If you are desparate, is there any chance of getting a taxi? I can't
think of anything else. Don't they have some kind of disaster plan for
this situation?

The police suggests you stay put.
Try that

--
Lars Elmvang
Min mailadresse finder du ved kun at skrive det overeksponerede
Old July 7th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

General Von Clinkerhoffen ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

if I were a Taxi driver I would be locking the doors and trying to get
out of the city, you don't know who is sitting behind you.

If I were a cabby anywhere near one of the incidents, I'd be going to the
nearest plod and saying "How can I help", not running away.

Old July 7th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Lars Elmvang wrote:
The police suggests you stay put.
Try that

Why? I'm not in London.
Old July 7th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
. uk...
Lars Elmvang wrote:
The police suggests you stay put.
Try that

Why? I'm not in London

GROW UP YOU PATHETIC PERSON People have died and all you want to do is
snipe.
GET A LIFE ****

Old July 7th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris Hills wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Jul 2005:

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:
I cannot believe just how mean spirited and bloody nasty some of you
lot are being, I want to get home, I want a bus ME ME ME.
Grow up, go to the pub, go to church and thank god you're not
involved.

If you are desparate, is there any chance of getting a taxi? I can't think
of anything else. Don't they have some kind of disaster plan for this
situation?

Yes, and if you read the leaflet they sent out for just such an
emergency, they told you to STAY PUT and LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

I suggest you do just that. Or television, as that is still working.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 7th 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris Hills wrote:
Lars Elmvang wrote:

The police suggests you stay put.
Try that

Why? I'm not in London.

No, but emergency services need free roads to get in and out of the city.
Only extreme selfish people think of themselves before keeping the roads
clear for emergency services (and yes, I have functioned as firefighter
and having to deal with people just driving plainly even though there is
a huge firetruck behind them)

Get real, and deal with the fact that there are bigger problems than
your puny transport problems

Old July 7th 05, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
Could you get you head around the fact there is more to life than zone
1 in London or are you saying transport in the whole of Greater London
and the South East has come to a standstill. A little OTT I think.

Stay where you are or walk, fss. Maybe someone should lay on a taxi for you,
jeeze.

I've got a mate who works in London, just happy he's not been involved,
getting home at the moment is not really a priority.