Old July 7th 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU chaos

"Kat" wrote in message
Shutting down the TfL website is really helpful in planning alternative
routes and journies.

There are no alternative underground routes; the whole network has been
closed and all buses in Zone 1 suspended.
--
Kat

Good to know you are okay, Kat.

Regards

RayB

Old July 7th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I dont know what the problem is anymore. It has to be our complacency and we
never ever learn. **** these terorrists and the scum they cohabit with.
Theres some very serious flaws in the mentality we adopt when confronted
with this ****. Can we not get ****ing angry ? Who is dealing with these
animals anyway ? Ask anyone who has lost someone in a bomb attack what we
should do. Thats where the truth is, with the victims. Lighten up and get
them out. **** them and if you are wondering what my motive is, I cannot
stand hypocricy and complacency. Simple as that.
"marcb" wrote in message
3.37...
What's going on this morning - reportedly a power surge.

Don't they have fuses?

M.

Old July 7th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

RayB wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Jul 2005:

Good to know you are okay, Kat.

Indeed. What of our other friends from LUL - could you post a
reassurance that you're okay, too, please!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 7th 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:44:51 +0000, bobby foster wrote:

I dont know what the problem is anymore. It has to be our complacency and
we never ever learn. **** these terorrists and the scum they cohabit with.
Theres some very serious flaws in the mentality we adopt when confronted
with this ****. Can we not get ****ing angry ? Who is dealing with these
animals anyway ? Ask anyone who has lost someone in a bomb attack what we
should do. Thats where the truth is, with the victims. Lighten up and get
them out. **** them and if you are wondering what my motive is, I cannot
stand hypocricy and complacency. Simple as that. "marcb"

Of course there is anger, to be perpetrated against those that funded,
planned and executed it.

Who are 'them' that you want to get out. I'd rather they were brought to
justice.

Old July 7th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"General Von Clinkerhoffen" wrote in message
I cannot believe just how mean spirited and bloody nasty some of you lot
are being, I want to get home, I want a bus ME ME ME.

Grow up, go to the pub, go to church and thank god you're not involved.

This is rubbish, the object of this is to disrupt, some of us are asking how
to travel, how to deify these scum who are trying to put fear into people.

Regards

Leo

Old July 7th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

justice is not the issue here there is a wider picture but i see what you
mean. "It is very much like criminology, in which we have majors and
degrees. ... Terrorism, like criminology, has to do with sociology,
psychology, geography, theology. We have to approach it in several different
directions."how do you propose to abolish terrorism when you set up a whole
global industry linked to it? Presumably, the day they find a cure for
terrorism these guys all lose their jobs. And the terrorism money-mill
stops turning.
Obviously the terrorists are not the only ones with a vested interest in
terrorism.
news

Old July 7th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
RayB wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Jul 2005:

Good to know you are okay, Kat.

Indeed. What of our other friends from LUL - could you post a
reassurance that you're okay, too, please!

Day off, so safe in bed when it happened. Thanks for your concern.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old July 7th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm desperately trying to make a posting which doesn't seem as though taxi
drivers will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of making
extra money. Believe me they will be amongst the first to condemn any act
of terrorism.

Indeed, and some have been involved in helping convey 'walking wounded'
people to hospitals.

There is one fact which has troubled me for some time and that is the
number of 'minicabs' who come and go to many of our most 'protected'
businesses, each of which may have a driver who's criminal records cannot
be verified - unlike the vetting that the fully licensed 'black' cab has
to go through.

that is a very good point. Perhaps more should be done to regulate the
minicab business.

--

Andrew

Old July 7th 05, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

This won't do a lot for my fear of travelling on the underground.
Someone has said the bus that was bombed was in fact a no.13 from
Marble Arch to Hackney. Is this correct?

Neill