Old July 7th 05, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU chaos

Helen Deborah Vecht ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

(13 does pass Marble Arch tube though)

13's still RM, isn't it?

Thank gawd they didn't hurt an RM...

Old July 7th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:46:25 on
Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Mike Hughes remarked:
*if* the Heathrow Express was working then this is the most expensive
railway journey in the UK (or possibly the world) on a cost per mile
basis.

No, there are several more expensive. The prize in the UK probably
belongs to the Snowdon Mountain Railway.
Old July 7th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
The Stagecoach website is now confirming that it was a bus on their
route 30. This would not normally travel down Woburn Place, so I presume
a diversion must have been in operation - or perhaps it was being turned
for a short run due to the build-up of traffic on the Euston Road. Small
comfort, but at least this meant that the explosion occurred outside the
BMA, where a team of doctors were able to provide immediate assistance.

One thing we were speculating in the office this afternoon was where on the
bus (Stagecoach London standard ALX400 Trident by the looks of what little
was left) the on board CCTV footage is recorded/stored. In other words
would the CCTV tapes have survived the explosion if they where under the
staircase (That's where I speculated they where) because if so then the Old
Bill should have a very nice mugshot or five of our most wanted scumbags in
theory.

Regards
John M Upton

Old July 8th 05, 05:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mike Hughes
writes
I'm desperately trying to make a posting which doesn't seem as though
taxi drivers will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of
making extra money. Believe me they will be amongst the first to
condemn any act of terrorism.

Our taxi driver certainly wasn't rubbing his hands with glee. His view
was "why don't they attack the political leaders rather than ordinary
people"?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old July 8th 05, 05:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Paul Terry
writes
The Stagecoach website is now confirming that it was a bus on their
route 30. This would not normally travel down Woburn Place, so I
presume a diversion must have been in operation

Wasn't the area around Russell Square station closed because of the
previous tube train bomb?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 8th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I'll just leave my 5 year old and 8 year old hanging around outside
school until I can get back home on Friday then. Plenty of paedophiles
in the rail entusiast fratenty will be pleased with that no doubt.
Thank God we didn't have people with your negative attitude running the
country between 1940 and 1945. With a name like Lars Elmvang which
side would you have been on by the way.

Oh and I am not in zone 1 so deal with it.

Kevin