Old July 9th 05, 01:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Des Des is offline

Default Screw The Terrorists....

"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick Tully wrote:
"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick Tully wrote:
"nick" wrote in message
. Here here. Pretty much sums up how Londoners feel too.
.
Except for those PC idiots in White City:

BBC Radio 5 went straight round to an East End mosque to interview
'community leaders' even before the victims were cold.

They are an absolute disgrace.

Near Aldgate East there is a significant community of Muslim

Londoners,
some of whom may well have been victims of the bombs together with

many
of other religions.

Like all other Londoners interviewed yesterday morning the East End
muslim community leaders condemned this attack.

It is foolish to associate moderates and extemists of the same
religion. They have little in common. I think you are a disgrace to
London if you will not stand together against terrorism with your
nieghbours of all religions or those, like me, who have no religion.

There's a time and a place for the gathering of opinions of those whose
religion has been used as the excuse for mass murder. Four hours after

the
slaughter, in an east London mosque is neither. Imagine the feelings of

the
mother, father, wife or child who had a loved one ripped-apart in the

name
of Islam, having its "community leaders" sought-out by politically

correct
BBC journalists to comment at the height their suffering?

This has nothing whatsoever to do with moderates or extremists. Just

about
sensitivity and respect for the victims and their distraught families on

the
part of the BBC.

If violence was done in your own name, without your agreemant, would
you not expect a chance to repudiate it? Or would you be happy to
take the blame?

You seem to be implying that all muslims are somehow responsible for
the actions of these extremists. That is absurd. I do not know what
your beliefs are but I am sure you would find things have been done, in
the name of your own beliefs, that you would not wish to be personally
associated with.

As a fellow atheist - would you hold me responsible for the evils
committed by Stalin?

If I was a victim I would not expect ANYONE to take the blame or share
responsibility - except those evil individuals who committed the crime
and anyone who expresses support for them or their methods. No-one who
condemns them and their methods should be censored merely because of
their religion.

I keep hearing the word "Muslim" connected with this, but never the word
"Iraq", the occupation of which is surely more apposite to the motivation of
the bombers.

Old July 9th 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Des" wrote in message
news:dan7o0 I keep hearing the word "Muslim" connected with this, but never
the word
"Iraq", the occupation of which is surely more apposite to the motivation
of
the bombers.

It's easy to forget now, but the horrific dawn of Islamic terrorism (7/11)
predated both Afganistan and Iraq.

Mick.

Old July 9th 05, 07:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick Tully wrote:
You seem to be implying that all muslims are somehow responsible for
the actions of these extremists.

I beg your pardon. I never said any such thing.

Quote what I actually wrote, not ridiculous implications you mischievously
subscribe to it.

Mick.

Old July 9th 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mick Tully wrote:
"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick Tully wrote:
You seem to be implying that all muslims are somehow responsible for
the actions of these extremists.

I beg your pardon. I never said any such thing.

Quote what I actually wrote, not ridiculous implications you mischievously
subscribe to it.

Mick.

Then Mick, I beg your pardon in return. No mischief or malice intended
- I just think you're wrong.

Quoting you:
" Except for those PC idiots in White City:
BBC Radio 5 went straight round to an East End mosque to interview
'community leaders' even before the victims were cold.
They are an absolute disgrace."

BBC Radio 5 interviewed many Londoners of all religions on Thursday,
including those at the mosque near the Aldgate East bombing. No-one I
heard sympathised with the bombers or their methods, regardless of
their other views on religion or the political implications of what has
happened.

I think it is vitally important that muslim leaders who condemn this
violence should be heard at the moment. Otherwise people might easily
make the same mistake about them as I did about you - and assume they
believe things they have not said.

Old July 9th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mick Tully" wrote in message ...

"Des" wrote in message news:dan7o0 I keep hearing the word "Muslim"
connected with this, but never the word
"Iraq", the occupation of which is surely more apposite to the motivation of
the bombers.

It's easy to forget now, but the horrific dawn of Islamic terrorism (7/11) predated both Afganistan and Iraq.

Mick.

9/11, no youll find we were bombing Iraq before 9/11. (almost daily since the gulf war 91)

Old July 9th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mick Tully wrote:
"umpston" wrote in message
ups.com...
.
I think it is vitally important that muslim leaders who condemn this
violence should be heard at the moment. Otherwise people might easily
make the same mistake about them as I did about you - and assume they
believe things they have not said.

My whole point was about the usual BBC PC getting in the way of respect for
the grieving loved ones.

I posted this to.uk.media.radio.bbc-r5 this Tuesday:

"...whatever happened to the famously publicised BBC sense of
'journalistic balance'? As soon as the Iraq war, or whatever, crops-up the
Beeb's 'journos' make a beeline for the nearest mosque"

Tragically, my prediction came to pass far more quickly than anyone could
have predicted.

What I don't understand about your argument is how broadcasting an
interview with a religious leader, or any other Londoner, who condemns
the violence which has taken place can be construed as a lack of
respect for the victims.

Old July 9th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick Tully wrote:

..

I posted this to.uk.media.radio.bbc-r5 this Tuesday:

"...whatever happened to the famously publicised BBC sense of
'journalistic balance'? As soon as the Iraq war, or whatever, crops-up
the
Beeb's 'journos' make a beeline for the nearest mosque"

Tragically, my prediction came to pass far more quickly than anyone could
have predicted.

What I don't understand about your argument is how broadcasting an
interview with a religious leader, or any other Londoner, who condemns
the violence which has taken place can be construed as a lack of
respect for the victims.

That wasn't my point at all. It was the sheer predictability (I trust you
checked-up on my horribly prescient message to uk.media.radio.bbc-r5 on
Tuesday) of the Beeb's inane and politically correct reaction to any act of
Islamic terrorism.

Lazy and ****ing insensitive journalism.

The fact that the victims were still warm from a murderous Islamic attack,
surprised and sickened even this curmudgeonly old cynic.

I'm quite sure the majority of London's muslims would also condemn
Thursday's atrocities, but I'm sur you have heard many Asianethnic callers
to locsl and national radio stations say that the Americans deserved 9\11.

Screw The Terrorists.... Mick Tully London Transport 1 July 9th 05 08:14 AM
Screw Threads John London Transport 7 April 16th 05 11:38 PM
Alert! Terrorists will blow up London with black powder !!! Bruno Beam London Transport 8 December 19th 04 12:31 PM
SE terrorists were going to bomb....... dave F London Transport 5 April 2nd 04 11:18 AM
Another "Crapita" CC screw up Acrosticus London Transport 2 July 21st 03 08:37 PM