Old July 9th 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Piccadilly Line today

I would imagine most of the extra traffice will be using WAGN services
into London. Indeed with the close proximity of WAGN to the Piccadilly
Line between Bounds Green and Fisnbury Park along with the high number
of parlell bus services means most of the extra traffice will happen on
these services instead of using the Victoria from Seven Sisters, though
south of Finsbury Park it will be a lot busier then usual.

Old July 9th 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

is the Picadilly Line running now except for Russell Square=Kings X

Old July 10th 05, 01:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Unlimited Eddie wrote:
is the Picadilly Line running now except for Russell Square=Kings X

The closed section is Hyde Park Corner to Arnos Grove. See
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/realtime/
--
Richard J.

Old July 10th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 9 Jul 2005, MartyJ wrote:

I would imagine most of the extra traffice will be using WAGN services
into London. Indeed with the close proximity of WAGN to the Piccadilly
Line between Bounds Green and Fisnbury Park along with the high number
of parlell bus services means most of the extra traffice will happen on
these services instead of using the Victoria from Seven Sisters, though
south of Finsbury Park it will be a lot busier then usual.

I'm not so sure. During the week, those WAGN trains will be running into
Moorgate. People who usually use the Piccadilly line presumably want to go
to King's Cross, Bloomsbury, Holborn or the west end; WAGN trains aren't
going to help them. The Victoria line, on the other hand, even if it
doesn't go exactly where they want, at least gets them to the right end of
town.

If WAGN ran extra weekday services into King's Cross, that might pick up
more of the load, but it would still leave people at KX with only the Met
and buses for onward connections, at least until the KX tube station
reopens.

Thinking about it, i suppose people could go by train to Moorgate, then
walk to Liverpool Street and hop on the Central line. I doubt people would
do that rather than use the Victoria line, though.

tom

--
You are in a twisty maze of directories, all alike. In front of you is a broken pipe...
Old July 10th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Sun, 9 Jul 2005, MartyJ wrote:

I would imagine most of the extra traffice will be using WAGN services
into London. Indeed with the close proximity of WAGN to the Piccadilly
Line between Bounds Green and Fisnbury Park along with the high number of
parlell bus services means most of the extra traffice will happen on
these services instead of using the Victoria from Seven Sisters, though
south of Finsbury Park it will be a lot busier then usual.

I'm not so sure. During the week, those WAGN trains will be running into
Moorgate.

Not all of them. There are several slow trains that go into King's Cross on
weekday mornings. Fewer in the evening though.

Dave.

Old July 10th 05, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:01:17 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jul 2005, MartyJ wrote:

I would imagine most of the extra traffice will be using WAGN services
into London. Indeed with the close proximity of WAGN to the Piccadilly
Line between Bounds Green and Fisnbury Park along with the high number
of parlell bus services means most of the extra traffice will happen on
these services instead of using the Victoria from Seven Sisters, though
south of Finsbury Park it will be a lot busier then usual.

I'm not so sure. During the week, those WAGN trains will be running into
Moorgate. People who usually use the Piccadilly line presumably want to go
to King's Cross, Bloomsbury, Holborn or the west end; WAGN trains aren't
going to help them. The Victoria line, on the other hand, even if it
doesn't go exactly where they want, at least gets them to the right end of
town.

"People who usually use the Piccadilly" could be heading _anywhere_,
e.g. to change to the Victoria at Finsbury Park, or the Northern at
K-X.

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk