Old July 8th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Des Des is offline

Default Where are the jokes about the tube bombs?

"Jack Jack" wrote in message
Hi guys, I too live in London and when the bombs went off I said "bad
**** happens" like so many others must have said.

This is definitely a grim situation. Of course we are all shocked.
But at the same time maybe we should take a little break and be less
dour.

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

Old July 8th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Des wrote:
"Jack Jack" wrote in message

Hi guys, I too live in London and when the bombs went off I said "bad
**** happens" like so many others must have said.

This is definitely a grim situation. Of course we are all shocked.
But at the same time maybe we should take a little break and be less
dour.

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

A series of thousands of planes dropping tonnnes of munitions
simultaeously. London survived that, and put on an olympics 3 years
after the war. So these muslim ******s don't know what they're up
against here. We'll **** the lot of them.

Old July 8th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Des Des is offline

"George Saden" wrote in message

Des wrote:
"Jack Jack" wrote in message

Hi guys, I too live in London and when the bombs went off I said "bad
**** happens" like so many others must have said.

This is definitely a grim situation. Of course we are all shocked.
But at the same time maybe we should take a little break and be less
dour.

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

A series of thousands of planes dropping tonnnes of munitions
simultaeously. London survived that, and put on an olympics 3 years
after the war. So these muslim ******s don't know what they're up
against here. We'll **** the lot of them.

Look, I'd be grateful if you saved the "dogged determination" and "bulldog
spirit" for the day that we're faced with some last-ditch battle against
overwhelming odds for the capital. To summon up all this excess verbiage
simply because the little rash which in the 21st century afflicts every
major capital has arrived here, and not even unexpectedly, is just plain
silly. Yes, the deaths of fifty people in such incidents is tragic, and the
exploit ranks among one of the most serious and bloody crimes committed in
London in many years, but please don't lose your perspective. Why? Because
that's one of the terrorist's intentions, that you lose your sense of
proportion and indulge in inflammatory language concerning innocent people
unfortunate enough to have been born into the Muslim faith.
Don't be the terrorist's surrogate. Don't indulge in comparisons between
this event and "London in the blitz", etc. If you are under 70 years of age
you have no actual memories of that conflict anyway, so stop wallowing in
nostalgia for times you never experienced, or only experienced second-hand.
Be a genuine Londoner, the person you really are, not some stuffed
bulldog-breed with a Union jack on the chest you saw once in a souvenir shop
window.
The red London bus was an iconic target. Don't be an iconic victim.
Des.

Old July 9th 05, 02:00 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

GO **** yourself you ****.

Old July 9th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Des wrote:
"Jack Jack" wrote in message

Hi guys, I too live in London and when the bombs went off I said
"bad **** happens" like so many others must have said.

This is definitely a grim situation. Of course we are all shocked.
But at the same time maybe we should take a little break and be
less dour.

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

A series of thousands of planes dropping tonnnes of munitions
simultaeously. London survived that, and put on an olympics 3 years
after the war. So these muslim ******s don't know what they're up
against here. We'll **** the lot of them.

Look, I'd be grateful if you saved the "dogged determination" and
"bulldog spirit" for the day that we're faced with some last-ditch
battle against overwhelming odds for the capital.

Lovely.

[...]

Well said Des.

Aaarg sometimes I just have to agree with John - as I do on this one.

Old July 9th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Des wrote:
"Jack Jack" wrote in message

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

A series of thousands of planes dropping tonnnes of munitions
simultaeously. London survived that, and put on an olympics 3 years
after the war. So these muslim ******s don't know what they're up
against here. We'll **** the lot of them.

Look, I'd be grateful

If you don't want your question answered, don't hit that little send button.
If you do want it answered be a little more polite to the person that took
the time out to answer it.

Old July 9th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Des Des is offline

Des wrote:
"Jack Jack" wrote in message

In the Blitz,

What's a Blitz?

A series of thousands of planes dropping tonnnes of munitions
simultaeously. London survived that, and put on an olympics 3 years
after the war. So these muslim ******s don't know what they're up
against here. We'll **** the lot of them.

Look, I'd be grateful

If you don't want your question answered, don't hit that little send

button.
If you do want it answered be a little more polite to the person that took
the time out to answer it.

In his "answer" he described a situation which has absolutely nothing in
common with the present situation regarding the U-bahn bombings in London.
His comparison was ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as you trying to apply a
"tick-box mentality" to other people's posting style.
Please don't clamp me.

Old July 9th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Des" wrote:

What's a Blitz?

plonk

Old July 9th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Des Des is offline

"BIG_ONE" wrote in message
"Des" wrote:

What's a Blitz?

plonk

Looking at your posting address I'm not really bothered.

Old July 10th 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Skokkie wrote:
"John of Aix" wrote in message

Well said Des.

Aaarg sometimes I just have to agree with John - as I do on this one.

Never mind Skokkie, it happens. I expect they'll bring a pill out to
stop it soon though ;-)