London Banter

-   -   Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3265-congestion-kings-cross-st-pancras.html)

Colin Rosenstiel July 15th 05 12:07 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

In article ,
(Stuart) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

I've asked WAGN the same question about stopping more services at
Finsbury Park.

Or even better still stop more at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park.
With the volume of people who normally get on at Bounds Green/Wood
Green the trans are getting pretty full, as is the 29 bus. The services
from/to that area aren't frequent enough at weekends and evenings

Eh? There's a 10 minute local service isn't there?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Colin Rosenstiel July 15th 05 12:07 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

In article ,
(Loony Tune) wrote:

Sorry but what is top post please and how do I not top post

The sooner you learn the less offence you will cause others.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

asdf July 15th 05 12:50 AM

(Stuart) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

I've asked WAGN the same question about stopping more services at
Finsbury Park.

Or even better still stop more at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park.
With the volume of people who normally get on at Bounds Green/Wood
Green the trans are getting pretty full, as is the 29 bus. The services
from/to that area aren't frequent enough at weekends and evenings

Eh? There's a 10 minute local service isn't there?

Every 30 mins to each of the Welwyn/Hertford branches (which makes it
every 15 as far as Ally Pally). Which is not much compared to the
18tph off-peak Piccadilly service.

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

Colin Rosenstiel July 15th 05 01:06 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

In article ,
lid (asdf) wrote:

In article ,
(Stuart) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

I've asked WAGN the same question about stopping more services at
Finsbury Park.

Or even better still stop more at Alexandra Palace and Finsbury
Park. With the volume of people who normally get on at Bounds
Green/Wood Green the trans are getting pretty full, as is the 29
bus. The services from/to that area aren't frequent enough at
weekends and evenings

Eh? There's a 10 minute local service isn't there?

Every 30 mins to each of the Welwyn/Hertford branches (which makes it
every 15 as far as Ally Pally). Which is not much compared to the
18tph off-peak Piccadilly service.

Eh? It's every 10 minutes at Hornsey when I go there.

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

Sadly a regular occurrence.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Loony Tune July 15th 05 07:24 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

Well no-one else has commented. You is this only one. So either tell me or
shut up

Loony T

James Farrar July 15th 05 07:56 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:24:53 +0100, "Loony Tune"
wrote:

Well no-one else has commented. You is this only one. So either tell me or
shut up

To top-post is to put your reply text above the quoted text. Don't do
it.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon

Paul Terry July 15th 05 08:03 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

In message , Loony Tune
writes

Well no-one else has commented. You is this only one. So either tell me or
shut up

Colin has already *shown* you - but perhaps you didn't notice.

On usenet, just as in real life, the idea is that you make your response
AFTER the previous person's comment, not befo

Comment 1

Response to 1

Comment 2

Response to 2

ADD NEXT COMMENT HERE

Typing your reply in front of the text you are commenting upon is known
as "top posting" and it makes the quotations unnecessarily difficult to
follow because the natural order of debate has been reversed.

--
Paul Terry

Brimstone July 15th 05 08:04 AM

Loony Tune wrote:
Well no-one else has commented. You is this only one. So either tell
me or shut up

Top posting is putting your message above the previous ones. Bottom posting
is putting yours below so that someone car read them in the correct order.
It also makes it easier for people who are blind to use a device that reads
the message to them.

It's also what everyone else does on this NG.

Nicola Redwood July 15th 05 03:22 PM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
lid (asdf) wrote:

In article ,
(Stuart) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

[...]

Victoria Line trains are now stopping at Kings X again - yeah!! Was an
inconvenience changing at Warren St for Northern Line, but understandable in
the circumstances.

Problems though currently southbound due to a defective train at Finsbury
Park

Colin Rosenstiel July 15th 05 05:07 PM

(Nicola Redwood) wrote:

Victoria Line trains are now stopping at Kings X again - yeah!! Was an
inconvenience changing at Warren St for Northern Line, but
understandable in the circumstances.

Problems though currently southbound due to a defective train at
Finsbury Park

No sign of this as I walked into the main line station from Euston Road.
Not that I was looking very carefully, admittedly.

--
Colin Rosenstiel