London Banter

-   -   Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3265-congestion-kings-cross-st-pancras.html)

Graham Murray July 17th 05 10:39 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

asdf writes:

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

That is bad. Surely the planned work should be postponed because of
the Pic line problems. Before he retired, my father worked for BR Civil
Engineers department. It was not unknown for planned engineering
possessions to be postponed or cancelled because of problems elsewhere
on the network.

Colin Rosenstiel July 17th 05 11:33 AM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

In article ,
(Graham Murray) wrote:

asdf writes:

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

That is bad. Surely the planned work should be postponed because of
the Pic line problems. Before he retired, my father worked for BR Civil
Engineers department. It was not unknown for planned engineering
possessions to be postponed or cancelled because of problems elsewhere
on the network.

Ah, but BR didn't have the sort of performance targets Network Rail have.
Common sense has gone out of the window.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

asdf July 17th 05 12:02 PM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

That is bad. Surely the planned work should be postponed because of
the Pic line problems. Before he retired, my father worked for BR Civil
Engineers department. It was not unknown for planned engineering
possessions to be postponed or cancelled because of problems elsewhere
on the network.

Ah, but BR didn't have the sort of performance targets Network Rail have.
Common sense has gone out of the window.

Well, the engineering works at Marylebone have been cancelled in the
light of the Gerrards Cross incident...

Colin Rosenstiel July 17th 05 12:15 PM

lid (asdf) wrote:

And to add to the misery, the Welwyn services are bustituted this
Sunday morning, and the Hertford services for the whole day.

That is bad. Surely the planned work should be postponed because of
the Pic line problems. Before he retired, my father worked for BR
Civil Engineers department. It was not unknown for planned
engineering possessions to be postponed or cancelled because of
problems elsewhere on the network.

Ah, but BR didn't have the sort of performance targets Network Rail
have. Common sense has gone out of the window.

Well, the engineering works at Marylebone have been cancelled in the
light of the Gerrards Cross incident...

Aren't there operational considerations over getting materials to site
there?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Loony Tune July 17th 05 10:20 PM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

Northern line to resume to call at KX as of Monday morning

Loony T

Colin Rosenstiel July 17th 05 11:34 PM

(Loony Tune) wrote:

Northern line to resume to call at KX as of Monday morning

Good news. I'm still taking my bike though.

Any news on streets being re-opened? The police guarding Bernard Street
spoke of two more weeks closure. What about Tavistock Place?

Where can one get definitive information on the road closures? Not from
TfL or Camden Council when I tried last week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Jason July 18th 05 12:07 PM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:22:01 +0000 (UTC), "Nicola Redwood"
wrote:

Victoria Line trains are now stopping at Kings X again - yeah!! Was an
inconvenience changing at Warren St for Northern Line, but understandable in
the circumstances.

A word a warning: the Thameslink entrance/exit with with Victoria line
was closed at about 9:30 this (Monday) morning - most annoying to have
to treck all the way round via King's Cross proper.

--

Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Jason July 18th 05 12:11 PM

Congestion at Kings Cross/St Pancras

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:39 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:07 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Nicola Redwood) wrote:

Victoria Line trains are now stopping at Kings X again - yeah!! Was
an inconvenience changing at Warren St for Northern Line, but
understandable in the circumstances.

Problems though currently southbound due to a defective train at
Finsbury Park

No sign of this as I walked into the main line station from Euston

Road. Not that I was looking very carefully, admittedly.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...s-releases-con
tent.asp?prID=433

So how do people buy tickets?

The LUL ticket macines at ground level were open this morning (18/7 @
09:30). Shutters had been down previously despite a Met line
service...

--

Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Colin Rosenstiel July 18th 05 03:35 PM

(Jason) wrote:

The LUL ticket macines at ground level were open this morning (18/7 @
09:30). Shutters had been down previously despite a Met line
service...

Yes, I gathered that on Saturday. I assumed that while only the Met was
open they were using their own ticket office.

--
Colin Rosenstiel