Old August 12th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East London Line extention gradient

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...
John Rowland wrote:

IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this
will be the steepest part of the passenger network,
all though there are a huge number of other points
which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

The steepest part of the passenger network you say -
but which passenger network, the underground network
or the National Rail network? The East London Line will
after all be a National Rail style franchise operation
as opposed to an LUL line.

Good point. I meant the LU passenger network.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 12th 05, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive" wrote in message

Personally I find this to be very offensive.

Whenever I've changed my signature, people have complained...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 12th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Clive" wrote in message

Personally I find this to be very offensive.

Whenever I've changed my signature, people have complained...

I've certainly always had a chuckle at it when I've been reading your
posts. But then I like to think it wasn't that many years ago that I
was a 14 year old boy, who found all manner of inuendo tremendously
funny. But then my vehicle is a rusty old bicycle that I mount every
morning, and has me grunting and wheezing before long.

Robin

Old August 12th 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , R.C. Payne
writes

Personally I find this to be very offensive.

Whenever I've changed my signature, people have complained...

I've certainly always had a chuckle at it when I've been reading your
posts. But then I like to think it wasn't that many years ago that I
was a 14 year old boy, who found all manner of inuendo tremendously
funny. But then my vehicle is a rusty old bicycle that I mount every
morning, and has me grunting and wheezing before long.

My reference, although not mentioned, was to do with the Picc coming
every two and a half minutes just after such an outrage that shut it
down for a month. It doesn't do though for anyone else just me.
--
Clive
Old August 12th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Good point. I meant the LU passenger network.

What just south of east finchley and just south of arnos
grove ? They're pretty steep too.

B2003

Old August 12th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:15:39 +0100, Clive
wrote:

In message , R.C. Payne
writes

Personally I find this to be very offensive.
Whenever I've changed my signature, people have complained...

I've certainly always had a chuckle at it when I've been reading your
posts. But then I like to think it wasn't that many years ago that I
was a 14 year old boy, who found all manner of inuendo tremendously
funny. But then my vehicle is a rusty old bicycle that I mount every
morning, and has me grunting and wheezing before long.

My reference, although not mentioned, was to do with the Picc coming
every two and a half minutes just after such an outrage that shut it
down for a month. It doesn't do though for anyone else just me.

Jesus. Surely you've seen this .sig before? If not, you haven't lurked
long enough to have an opinion worth listening to.
Old August 13th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...

Good point. I meant the LU passenger network.

What just south of east finchley and just
south of arnos grove ? They're pretty steep too.

They are sustained descents (ISTR the one south of East Finchley is 1 in 50)
, but there are short descents of 1 in 30 on leaving the majority of deep
tube stations built from the Central Line on. This is to accelerate trains
leaving stations while keeping the electric bill down.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 14th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Clive

Personally I find this to be very offensive. But then
if nobody take exception to it and decides a prick is ripe to be blown
up, who am I to complain?

Well, John's been posting that sig for years to my knowledge. Why are
you only complaining about it now?

Oh, and for what it's worth (nothing, probably), I don't find it at all
offensive, just mildly amusing.