Old October 22nd 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Bus jam in Notting Hill last Sunday

said:

We want MORE of that !

More of what..? If you don't quote what you're replying to,
how is anyone to know..?

Old October 22nd 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
said:

We want MORE of that !

More of what..? If you don't quote what you're replying to,
how is anyone to know..?

I'm getting a sense of deja vue......

Old October 22nd 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in
message
wrote in message
said:

We want MORE of that !

More of what..? If you don't quote what you're replying
to, how is anyone to know..?

I'm getting a sense of deja vue......

I've heard that somewhere before...!

Ivor

Old October 22nd 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Jeepers Ivor I did`nt think it would be that quick.....early this mornin the
driver of a No 27 stopped between stops to allow us pair of lost non-locals
board his bus and then stopped well short of his stop to facilitate us
gettin back to our hotel....One Brush and Tar does`nt always paint a true
picture !!

Old October 23rd 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

"Alek" wrote in message

Jeepers Ivor I did`nt think it would be that
quick.....early this mornin the driver of a No 27 stopped
between stops to allow us pair of lost non-locals board
his bus and then stopped well short of his stop to
facilitate us gettin back to our hotel....One Brush and
Tar does`nt always paint a true picture !!

True, but be wary of getting on and off between stops. If you trip and
fall over the incident could be deemed not to be covered by company
insurance, meaning you might not get any compensation and the driver would
also be in trouble. If the management are anything like ours, that is..!

Ivor

Old October 24th 05, 12:57 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Alek" wrote in message

Jeepers Ivor I did`nt think it would be that
quick.....early this mornin the driver of a No 27 stopped
between stops to allow us pair of lost non-locals board
his bus and then stopped well short of his stop to
facilitate us gettin back to our hotel....One Brush and
Tar does`nt always paint a true picture !!

True, but be wary of getting on and off between stops. If you trip and
fall over the incident could be deemed not to be covered by company
insurance, meaning you might not get any compensation and the driver would
also be in trouble. If the management are anything like ours, that is..!

Or in other words "It's more van me jobsworf guv"

Old October 24th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
and Debs writes
Or in other words "It's more van me jobsworf guv"

It's not the first and I don't suppose it'll be the last time that this
old chestnut comes up.

There's no really easy solution. "Imprison" someone in a bus stuck at
traffic and they get irritated and it can lead to friction. Let them
off and they get hurt and as Ivor says they'll sue (or try to).

It's one reason I so prefer Routemasters in London. When the Oxford
Street traffic bungs up you can just hop off. I've been very
frustrated at being stuck on a 73 unable to do so on more than one
occasion.

For what it's worth, I think that if you leave between stops it should
be at your own rest but then I'm no lawyer!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old October 24th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

"Steve and Debs" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

True, but be wary of getting on and off between stops.
If you trip and fall over the incident could be deemed
not to be covered by company insurance, meaning you
might not get any compensation and the driver would
also be in trouble. If the management are anything like
ours, that is..!

Or in other words "It's more van me jobsworf guv"

Make fun of it if you like, but it is a serious issue. I have seen people
seriously injured trying to get on/off away from stops. I don't want the
hassle, thanks. Is it really worth it to save walking a few yards..?

Ivor

Old October 24th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

[snip]

For what it's worth, I think that if you leave between
stops it should be at your own rest but then I'm no
lawyer!

Fine, I have no problem with that in principle, but I want a letter from
the company chief executive exonerating me from all blame in the event of
an incident should I let someone on/off away from a stop. Somehow I don't
think I would get one if I asked..!

Ivor