Old June 17th 08, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default around Aldgate East

Good evening,

I intend to go to London.
Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

Thank you in advance.

Old June 17th 08, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle wrote:
Good evening,

I intend to go to London.
Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

Thank you in advance.

There's a Tesco Express on Whitechapel High Street, just down from Aldgate
East, towards Whitechapel.

As for buses - you don't say where you're coming from, so I can't help!

Old June 17th 08, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:31:54 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

Good evening,

I intend to go to London.
Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

and I suggest you simply search on the appropriate supermarket website
to see whether there are branches close to Aldgate East.

http://www.city-visitor.com/aldgatee...ermarkets.html

--
Paul C

Old June 17th 08, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:31:54 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

I intend to go to London.

A bold move!

Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

There's a big Sainsbury's at Whitechapel. Take the tube there, or any bus
which runs along Whitechapel Road. It's not in Aldgate or Commercial Road,
but it's not far. I doubt there's a full-size supermarket any closer.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

and I suggest you simply search on the appropriate supermarket website
to see whether there are branches close to Aldgate East.

This is good advice. I suspect from the name that Michele is not english,
and so may not be au fait with which websites need to be looked at. The
major english supermarkets are Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, the
Co-operative, Somerfield, Marks and Spencer, Waitrose, Budgen's and Lidl.

tom

--
Judge Dredd. Found dead. Face down in Snoopy's bed.
Old June 18th 08, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson a exposé le 18/06/2008 :
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:31:54 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

I intend to go to London.

A bold move!

[...]

Thanks a lot, Tom

I'm am French and I will stay in an hotel situated at Aldgate East.

Old June 18th 08, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack Taylor avait soumis l'idée :
Michèle wrote:
Good evening,

I intend to go to London.
Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

Thank you in advance.

There's a Tesco Express on Whitechapel High Street, just down from Aldgate
East, towards Whitechapel.

As for buses - you don't say where you're coming from, so I can't help!

I'm located near Algdage East for a few days.

Old June 18th 08, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Jun, 10:40, Michèle wrote:
I'm located near Algdage East for a few days.

The nearest big supermarket is, as Tom mentions, the Sainsbury's
northeast of Whitechapel:
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shopping...ore.htm?id=460

(it's the "Superstore" marked in blue on the map on that page. Aldgate
East is off to the left along the green road. It shouldn't be more
than 10-15 minutes walk.

You can also get buses 25, 205 or 254, as shown on the map Paul
posted:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

If you want a really big, cheap supermarket, get the 135 to
Crossharbour Asda, also shown on the bus map. There are also a several
convenience stores and a market outside Whitechapel station. I don't
think there are many shops around Aldgate East.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old June 18th 08, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:39:31 +0200, Michèle
wrote this gibberish:

Tom Anderson a exposé le 18/06/2008 :
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:31:54 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

I intend to go to London.

A bold move!

[...]

I often travel down to the sainsbury supermarket at whitechapel, it's
a big store and you can get most things you could need in there.
opening times -
Mon 0800 2200
Tue 0800 2200
Wed 0800 2200
Thu 0800 2200
Fri 0800 2200
Sat 0730 2200
Sun 1100 1700

--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk
Old June 18th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MarkVarley - MVP a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
wrote this gibberish:

I often travel down to the sainsbury supermarket at whitechapel, it's
a big store and you can get most things you could need in there.
opening times -
Mon 0800 2200
Tue 0800 2200
Wed 0800 2200
Thu 0800 2200
Fri 0800 2200
Sat 0730 2200
Sun 1100 1700

Thanks a lot for all these informations, Mark