Old October 31st 05, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New fares from 2 January 2006 - pdf

In message , James Farrar
writes
Giving a *bigger* discount is a *rip-off*?

Or bigger jealousy.
--
Clive
Old October 31st 05, 01:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
To those who don't get it, yes.

Rubbish, we can all get it, I live 350 miles from London and I benefit
from Oyster and the cap. If you can afford cash fares then you're too
highly paid.
--
Clive

Old October 31st 05, 04:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:49:41 +0000, James Farrar
wrote:

But the *concept* of stored value and daily capping suits me down to
the ground.

Indeed but there comes a point where the usage is so limited that it's
more trouble than it's worth. Keeping credit on a card for months and
months unused is a nuisance but a fair choice when the Oyster discount
is 15%. But raising the discount to 50% is just a ripoff.

Giving a *bigger* discount is a *rip-off*?

It is if you do it by keeping the discounted fare the same and
doubling the non-discounted fare.
Old October 31st 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
To those who don't get it, yes.

Rubbish, we can all get it, I live 350 miles from London and I
benefit from Oyster and the cap. If you can afford cash fares then
you're too highly paid.

You do because you can't buy National rail tickets which include tube
travel. People living nearer can and therefore cover nearly all their
tube travel requirements without Oyster.

This year a one day travelcard from Cambridge with a Network Card costs
£1.65 more than the day return fare to London Terminals. There is no
ticket, Oyster or not, that I can buy in London that gets near that.

Sounds a very good deal. If I were you, I wouldn't worry myself about
Oyster Cards.