Old November 11th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Here we go again

So , anyone been down the bookies to lay bets on xmas or new year being
****ed up by the hardworking "professional" brethren of LUL?

B2003

Old November 12th 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Boltar.....nice to see you again.
Its nothing to do with the LUL staff. Its a private company having a dispute
with its workers of which most are represented by RMT. However, if M£TRON£T
workers do ballot for a strike and they actually withdraw labour, there
would i expect be a shortage of trains as each one has to be passed fit for
service. Thats not the T/Ops fault.
You dont surely hold Train ops responsible for M£TRON£T activity?

By the way does anyone have any idea what the penalty for not supplying
those Northern line trains was?

Mal

Old November 13th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mal wrote:
Boltar.....nice to see you again.
Its nothing to do with the LUL staff. Its a private company having a dispute
with its workers of which most are represented by RMT. However, if M£TRON£T

Private company or not , most of those workers used to be LUL staff and
they
work on LUL premises. I guess attitudes don't change.

workers do ballot for a strike and they actually withdraw labour, there
would i expect be a shortage of trains as each one has to be passed fit for
service. Thats not the T/Ops fault.
You dont surely hold Train ops responsible for M£TRON£T activity?

If you'd actually bothered to RTFA you'd have seen that theres a
possibilty
of the drivers walking out. Again. Who'd have thought.

B2003

Old November 13th 05, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mal Mal is offline

Boltar, I did read it. It said:
Meanwhile, Tube drivers may be asked to take action because the RMT said, if
Metronet workers go out, the tracks may not be properly inspected.

Looks like they may consider it a safety issue if the private company
doesn't maintain the tracks. Just imagine......headline, tube driver takes
train into tunnel knowing tracks not maintained. Who would be at fault then?
I know its extreme....but its best to be safe.

It wont happen anyway so you will be able to get all your presents this
year. Thats if you buy any.

Mal

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...