Old December 6th 05, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default Commuting from Liverpool Street to Chelmsford

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:
Anyone have any experience of this ?

Only about 50% of the population of Chelmsford.

Difficult ?

No, but Chelmsford is a dump, and most of the villages around are the
sort of places where brothers marry their sisters at the age of 11.

There is talk among the people of Chelmsford of another station being
built north-east of the town, near the villages of Springfield and
Boreham, to add capacity.

Among the knowledgable the talk goes roughly like this: "You know that
new station? There's not a cat in hell's chance of it ever getting
built".

Unfortunately Chelmsford is currently deciding where to place extra
housing based on the fact that the station is going to be built.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-

Old December 7th 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Tom
Anderson writes
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 wrote:

Actually - what I am really interested in is can I do this from SW19
(Wimbledon) ?

Ah.

Wimbledon - Liverpool Street - Chelmsford.

Sounds horrible - but I wreckon 1.5 hours ???

That sounds broadly right. It's the Wimbledon - Liverpool Street bit
that's going to hurt; once you're at LLS, Bob's your uncle. The obvious
route in is to take the District, then change to the Circle somewhere
before Tower Hill; the other options would involve getting into town and
onto the Central line, but i don't think that's going to be any quicker.

A lot of trains on the Great Eastern stop at Stratford these days; there
might be some advantage in doing Wimbledon - Stratford - Chelmsford;
perhaps a train to Waterloo, then Jubilee line to Stratford. You still
have to ride the peak to Waterloo, and probably to Stratford too, but you
don't have to go via the middle of town.

The good news is that the extra length of your journey, relative to normal
into-London commutes, means that you'll be setting off earlier anyway, so
you might get through town before the worst of the peak hits. If you're
lucky.

tom

You might want to check the fares, etc. - it may be cheaper to buy daily
tickets from Liverpool Street because they count as off peak than a
season. My kids go to Chelmsford against the peak and it works out well
over £50 a year cheaper to go to the station each Sunday and buy a
week's worth of tickets than it is to buy them a season ticket.
--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Old December 10th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Firth ha scritto nel messaggio

No, but Chelmsford is a dump,

With the world's greatest baptist church, Broomleigh Baptist Church.

http://broomleigh.name/

and most of the villages around are the sort of places
where brothers marry their sisters at the age of 11.

You can tell the Chelmsford virgin, because she can run faster than her uncle.
Rather that, than have Atheist trash polluting our town.

Messaggio inviato con Excite Newsgroup.
http://www.excite.it/newsgroup

Old December 10th 05, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Boothroyd ha scritto nel messaggio

Unfortunately Chelmsford is currently deciding where to place extra
housing based on the fact that the station is going to be built.

Just as long as none of it is wasted on the poor, eh comrade?

Old December 13th 05, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Ian
writes
Transport Direct http://www.transportdirect.com/ reckons

[...]
I have no
idea if this is accurate, but it is funded by the Department of Transport.

You might want to Google for previous examples of the, um, interesting
ideas thrown up by Transport Direct.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: