Old December 20th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Filming in Strand tube station

Down the Tube with Matt
By Tom Teodorczuk, Evening Standard
As honeymoons go, it is hardly the most romantic. Hollywood star Matt Damon,
who married girlfriend Luciana Bozan just 10 days ago, is now hard at work
in London filming The Good Shepherd - Robert De Niro's latest directing
project. (...)

The movie, tipped to be one of next year's big hits, is being filmed in
different locations in the capital, including The Strand, where a wartime
London Underground Tube station has been re-created, and the Windsor Castle
pub in Notting Hill Gate whose regulars include Madonna.

SNIP rest of story at URL:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/films/articles/21238433

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old December 20th 05, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alan" quotes Tom Teodorczuk:
The movie, tipped to be one of next year's big hits, is being filmed in
different locations in the capital, including The Strand, where a wartime
London Underground Tube station has been re-created...

Alan's subject line suggests that he has in mind the station that
many people remember being called Strand, now part of Charing Cross,
but the article only refers to the street, The Strand. Presumably
the station involved is actually the late Aldwych. The name Strand
was moved from that station to the other one in 1915.
--
Mark Brader | Nature is often much more interesting than we would
Toronto | like her to be. However when we finally do understand
Old December 20th 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader wrote:
"Alan" quotes Tom Teodorczuk:
The movie, tipped to be one of next year's big hits, is being filmed
in different locations in the capital, including The Strand, where a
wartime London Underground Tube station has been re-created...

Alan's subject line suggests that he has in mind the station that
many people remember being called Strand, now part of Charing Cross,
but the article only refers to the street, The Strand. Presumably
the station involved is actually the late Aldwych. The name Strand
was moved from that station to the other one in 1915.

Indeed. The problem is that the entrance to the former Aldwych terminus is
in fact located on the south side of The Strand near Surrey St, not on the
nearby road called Aldwych. I'm not sure what, if any, name it currently
displays.

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old December 20th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , "Alan (in Brussels)"
writes
Indeed. The problem is that the entrance to the former Aldwych terminus is
in fact located on the south side of The Strand near Surrey St, not on the
nearby road called Aldwych. I'm not sure what, if any, name it currently
displays.

It currently shows:

"Piccadilly Rly."

"Strand Station"

HTH
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old December 22nd 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:44:10 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message , "Alan (in Brussels)"
writes
Indeed. The problem is that the entrance to the former Aldwych terminus is
in fact located on the south side of The Strand near Surrey St, not on the
nearby road called Aldwych. I'm not sure what, if any, name it currently
displays.

It currently shows:

"Piccadilly Rly."

"Strand Station"

Indeed:

http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/hiddenc/ats.htm

Of course, it'll be interesting to see if it going to be the same
"wartime London Underground Tube station," or - as usual -
masquerading as something else....

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/