Old December 22nd 05, 04:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

Im glad there are enough of us here to be honest enough to say what 99% are
actually thinking, in that this guy got exactly what he deserved. Our
thoughts should be with the train driver and the network rail bods who have
to pick bits of this guy up spread over a large area. Im sure the 1% of you
sandal wearing, pullover knitting, yoghart eating lefties will be outraged
at this but sorry, youre obviously confusing me with someone who actually
cares what you think.
A merry christmas to you all, and remember kids, stay off those tracks, the
train always wins.

"the REAL Trevor McDonut" wrote in message

"the REAL Trevor McDonut" wrote in message

"Simon" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's not as if it was a tragic accident
Perhaps his family have a different perspective

It's time to face reality - he played his game and lost.
No danger of the Christmas spirit here then

He was knowingly and willingly in the very
wrong place at a very wrong time.....and paid the price
And a happy and prosperous 2006 to you and yours

y'see, exactly what i'm on about. What has Christmas spirit got to do
with this event ? Does it make any difference if this happened in July ?

The guy was trespassing on a live railway and got hit by a train. He was
17 years old. He knew it was a) wrong and b) dangerous but he still took
that decision and got the consequences.

I feel very sorry for his family ( as mentioned ) but at the end of the
day, he's an adult ( or as near to it in the eyes of the law). Do i have
to dress it up and pretend i have massive sympathy for HIM simply because
it's Christmas ? HIS actions cost him HIS life. Regardless of date, this
guy was a bloody idiot. If your saying that in this week i have to say '
i feel so sorry for him and maybe it wasn't his FAULT and he was only 17
' for the sake of Christmas spirit but for the other 51 weeks of the year
it's ok to be truthful, then sorry, i don't buy that.

A happy and properous 2006 to you and yours. My they drive safe and keep
of bust railway tracks

whoops that should have read busy railway tracks

Old December 22nd 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Every time there is a widely publicised trespasser death, a torrent of
the sort of comments appear which you can see above (or below,
depending on your preferred method of reading Usenet posts). About
50-50 "serves them right" and "you callous sod". So predictable.

Old December 22nd 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In message . com,
jonmorris writes

There's no justification for being on the tracks,

In the absence of other evidence, given their ages and the time of night
it was quite probably the age-old problem of missing the last train back
and trying to walk home down the tracks, rather too pickled to realise
that other non-stopping trains use the same route.

Sadly it happens very frequently - at least two such deaths on the line
at the end of my road (and another due to climbing over a nearby level
crossing barrier while too inebriated to think about oncoming trains).

--
Paul Terry
Old December 22nd 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Having arrived at Paddington that night hundreds of us boarded the
00.25 train for Hayes and Reading - and then sat, and sat, and sat
going nowhere - for nearly two and a half hours. No-one had any
specific info., nothing was announced although the train p.a. crackled
now-and-again. All we were told was that "all of the lines had been
closed by the police due to an incident at Hanwell." And "No - we
couldn't even get to Ealing."

At Paddington there were no managers trying to sort things out. There
were only four hapless station staff and two drivers trying to organise
400+ tired passengers milling around not knowing what to do.

EVENTUALLY at 02.45 - fully two and half hours later - all that
FGWL/FGW could provide was a double decker bus for stations to Reading
and a small coach for Oxford. Just these for 400+ passengers.

Having got the bus to Reading via Hayes we then had to endure the bus
driver steering with his left hand, with his right hand holding a
mobile phone to his left ear. Apparently he was talking to his
supervisor who must have known that he was driving a bus chock. full of
passengers. In fact this bus was crammed with passengers standing
upstairs and downstairs and on the stairs, and such was his eratic
driving whilst on the phone that when he hit the median curb into Hayes
the bus and everyone lurched sideways putting all of our lives at risk.

CJB

Old December 22nd 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

CAB ?

--
If you *MUST* practice GREEK on eachother, please be safe and use plent of
GREASE inneet peeps
oups.com...

Old December 22nd 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"CJB" wrote in message
oups.com...

Having got the bus to Reading via Hayes we then had to endure the bus
driver steering with his left hand, with his right hand holding a
mobile phone to his left ear. Apparently he was talking to his
supervisor who must have known that he was driving a bus chock. full of
passengers. In fact this bus was crammed with passengers standing
upstairs and downstairs and on the stairs, and such was his eratic
driving whilst on the phone that when he hit the median curb into Hayes
the bus and everyone lurched sideways putting all of our lives at risk.

That's what happens when you catch a bus. You should have got the train.

Old December 22nd 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"CJB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

A teenager was killed when he was hit by a high-speed train, police
said.

The 17-year-old was on the tracks at Hanwell Station in west London
when he was struck just after midnight by the 23.54 Heathrow to
Paddington Express.

Four other youths who were with him managed to get out of the way of
the train which travels up to 100mph. The victim's relatives have yet
to be told.

That area has also been hit recently with yet more heavy graffiti
including all over the newly decorated Hanwell Station.

The BBC are now saying that the victime was involved in spraying graffiti at
the time, though this does not appear at news.bbc.co.uk

Peter

Old December 22nd 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Andy" wrote in
:

Im glad there are enough of us here to be honest enough to say what
99% are actually thinking, in that this guy got exactly what he
deserved.

Translation: "I have no compassion at all within me, but it's OK because
neither have lots of others."

Our thoughts should be with the train driver and the network
rail bods who have to pick bits of this guy up spread over a large
area.

Translation: "Naturally, some faux concern for innocent parties always
goes down well, so I'll stick a bit in at this point."

Im sure the 1% of you sandal wearing, pullover knitting,
yoghart eating lefties will be outraged at this

Translation: "I'd like to take this opportunity to gratuitously abuse
anyone who doesn't share my opinions."

but sorry, youre
obviously confusing me with someone who actually cares what you think.

Glad to hear it, otherwise I would have been reluctant to say that I
think you still have some distance to go before reaching the level of
human being.

Rick. (Occasional yoghurt-eater)

Old December 22nd 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Rick Hughes wrote:
"Andy" wrote in
:

Im glad there are enough of us here to be honest enough to say what
99% are actually thinking, in that this guy got exactly what he
deserved.

Translation: "I have no compassion at all within me, but it's OK
because neither have lots of others."

Why have compassion for someone who deliberately puts himself in harm's way
whilst damaging your property?

Old December 22nd 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Why have compassion for someone who deliberately puts himself in harm's way
whilst damaging your property?

Maybe having a 17-year old child yourself is the clearest way of
answering this question