Old December 22nd 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Class 33's at Clapham Junction

Went through Clapham Junction this morning and there were two
black-painted Class 33's alongside the shed with three Mk1's painted in
what looked like Southern Green or similar. I couldn't be sure but I
think one of the 33's had somthing that looked like a cycling lion
crest on the side. One certainly had snowploughs. I managed to get a
picture through the window while the train was stopped, but it only
shows the front of hte formation. However, it lools like the front
diesel has a red bufffer beam.
Anyone know what they are and what they are doing there?

Neill

Old December 24th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Neillw001 writes
Went through Clapham Junction this morning and there were two
black-painted Class 33's alongside the shed with three Mk1's painted in
what looked like Southern Green or similar. I couldn't be sure but I
think one of the 33's had somthing that looked like a cycling lion
crest on the side. One certainly had snowploughs. I managed to get a
picture through the window while the train was stopped, but it only
shows the front of hte formation. However, it lools like the front
diesel has a red bufffer beam.
Anyone know what they are and what they are doing there?

Saw one of the black 33s (I think they're FM-Rail) with a rake of green
Mk1s there on Tues morning. The www.uksteam.info site shows a Cathedrals
Express working from Waterloo on that day, so I'm guessing that it was
the ECS for that. There's nothing shown for the 22nd but it's possible
that some of the ECS and the 33s are still hanging around Clapham yard
for some reason. The stock used to be stored at the Mid Hants but given
that they recently decided to pull out of main line running and sold the
coaches (to EWS?), I'm not sure if it is currently based elsewhere.
--
Daniel (a.k.a Spyke)
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. Replace the bit before the
Old December 24th 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

A few things to note:

The green (Mark II) coaches, 3 of them, I think, including a Buffet,
have been in the siding since last week, when there were no Class 33s
there.

Also, at the end of last week, one of the black Class 33s was parked in
the run-through line between Platforms 2 and 3 on the Windsor side of
the station. This week, a rail-clipped marker light was still in place
to the West of where it was parked, acting as a temporary buffer/stop
light presumably.

But, most interestingly, on Tuesday around 8a.m. there was a steam
loco in the electric sidings approaching Plough Lane. I couldn't make
it out, but it was facing West, and presumably was there in connection
with the Cathedrals Express.

Given that they have been there all along, however, I don't think that
the 3 green coaches had anything to do with that train, unless they had
been removed from the rake for one reason or another.

Marc.